Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Outgoing Mail Settings Not Showing
allheartsout

Hello,

I recently purchased an iPhone 4s, and had a little trouble sending e-mail from it (Hotmail). I had the settings good to go, and was able to send/receive e-mail from my Hotmail account, but then last night I got the Delivery Failure notification when I tried to send an e-mail. No problem, I'll just check the outgoing mail settings to make sure everything is set correctly, but they're not there?? I go to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>My Hotmail Account>Account, and it doesnt show the Outgoing or Incoming Mail settings. It only has my e-mail, password, description, and below that the S/MIME on/off setting. I cant find anything on where the settings went. Am I going crazy or does anyone know what's going on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Outgoing Mail Settings Not Showing
allheartsout

Update: I called in to Apple Support and they advised me to set up another e-mail account on the phone. I did this (gmail) and everything is fine. It appears to be an issue with Hotmail and iOS playing well together. I've seen this around the internet as well, but haven't come across a case where the Outgoing mail settings just disappeared.

0 Likes