POOR customer service - the first time!
phatch

I just ordered 2 iPhone4s phones yesterday, 9-21-12, over the phone. We are finally upgrading from the dumb phones - yay! I told the customer service rep that I wanted them shipped overnight, that I needed them TODAY, Saturday. I willingly paid the cost. One is a birthday present for a college-aged son, who attends out of state, but happens to be in the area with his soccer team. I wanted to surprise him when we went to watch his game today. When I checked the FedEx tracking on my shipment, imagine my surprise when it said it is scheduled to be delivered on Monday, Sept 24th, rather than today, Sept. 21st. I am NOT HAPPY about this. Apparently the under-trained customer rep entered the wrong code on my order thus the problem. I even called FedEx to see if I could pick it up at the sort facility myself, but it is not possible. So now I have the inconvenience and added cost of repackaging the phone to ship to my son and he will get it a week late. THANKS A LOT, VERIZON - NOT!  As an added note, they did agree, at my insistence, to credit my account with the $30 extra I paid to have it overnighted, and, again at my insistence, $10 to cover the cost of me having to ship the phone to my son. I was really looking forward to surprising my son for his birthday and now I don't get to do that.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: POOR customer service - the first time!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

First, why did you wait until the last minute to order the phones? Or why didn't you order them online?

Second, why would you try and order them on the day that customer service would be SUPER busy with all the iPhone 5 devices being activate and customer having issues and/or questions?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

since when does fed ex deliver on saturday?

0 Likes
phatch

Ann 154 and bearone21 - I was waiting for the 4s to drop in price. Through my husband's business we have a corporate account with Verizon and the sales rep has always overnighted our phones to us at no extra cost - and they truly came overnight. And yes, FedEx does deliver on Saturday - check out their website.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That would make sense if the order was placed after the cut-off time. Which is usually around 4:30 pm in one of the time zones (Eastern Time Zone?). At that point the reps would be working on the next business day orders.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

interesting, i didn't know they delivered on saturday.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Phatch,

The iPhone 4s is an extremely nice gift and I know how important it was to you to get this phone in time for your surprise. I can't apologize more for the mistake that was made.

I am glad that we were able to work with you in regards to your account and I hope your son is now enjoying his new phone!

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
bravaritos

>> Duplicate post removed for cross-posting violations of the

See   for original message <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes