Person got past phone block, need help blocking again
ccb150

Hello. So i blocked someone's number on my phone through MyVerizon and it worked well for around 4 days. Except now he has figured out how to get past the block and I really need to fix it. He is not texting me from an entirely different phone, it is his number but with a +1 in front of it. I tried to put that number in the entry space in MyVerizon to block it but because it is not a ten digit number (it's eleven instead because of the 1) I can't block it. He still cannot call me, but I really need to figure out how to fix this. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Person got past phone block...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ccb150,

We really don't want a user that you want blocked to be able to contact you. Cell numbers can't be modified when texting and since you mention calls are still blocked it appears our service is fully working. Since you are on an iPhone 4 it may be that they're communicating to you through iMessage's. Does this user have an Apple product they can use to contact you? I recommend turning iMessage's off http://bit.ly/vIDv6j to avoid these messages coming in. Please keep me posted to whether this fully stopped messages.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kh56010

This just happened to me today too.  I have an Iphone 4S.  Have never had Imessage turned on and have a contact blocked on the $5 a month usage controls.  The contact's full number is entered correctly in the usage controls and the text messages still come through.   How do I fully block this person from contacting me without changing my number?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kh56010, it sounds like you have a nuissance on your hands. I can help get rid of them. At your convenience, you can block up to 5 ten digit mobile numbers from calling or text messaging your wireless number online at My Verizon, http://vz.to/MqEgqB

Lasina_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes