Personal hotspot data overages?
3applesnmyi

We live in a rural area and connect to the internet using a personal hotspot.  We do not play games, stream videos/movies or anything like that.  Most of the time we are just browsing the internet and uploading photos every so often on FB to share with family and friends.  My data usage has spiked from 10 to over 20GB a month!  I have researched this and contacted Verizon tech support and no one can give me an explanation.  I have all the settings on my phone set to use the least amount of data possible and this is STILL a problem.  I am so disappointed with Verizon and the customer service I have received.  When I asked what/where most of my data was be used my response was something about how a bank could tell me where my money was being spent but Verizon was not able to tell me where my data was being spent.  We are currently shopping around for another cell phone provider but I would like to know if anyone else has had this same problem. I refuse to pay $300 for a service that is not that great to begin with.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Personal hotspot data overages?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi 3applesnmyi,

We would never want to see you leave! I know how important it is to be able to understand your data usage charges. I see that mosst of your activitees involve uploading and downloading photos, click here to see how much data that really uses on a device http://vz.to/1cRXvFh . Do you have access to Wi-fi? How many devices are connected to or have access to the Hotspot?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
KT988

I'm having the exact problem. I live in a rural area and started at 10 gb and now have 20 and we keep going over. I don't know how much money we've spent in overages. I don't want to think about it, it's too depressing. Our contract is up in July and we may move on too. I have called and they can't give me a straight answer. I KNOW we're not using over 20 gb. I spent 5 years at walmart selling cell phone service. So, I'm not a greenhorn that doesn't know what she's talking about. It's so sad.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KT988,

I can understand your concern. How many devices do you have on your account that is using the data? Do you have a hotspot that you use as well? How is the data services used on an average day? Please keep us psoted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes