Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Personal hotspot inconsistent, seldom works
scraplink

We have a Share Everything plan, and I have an iphone 4S.  I set up the personal hotspot and got it working after much aggravation.  But each time I try to use it, it takes 15+ minutes to get it working, if I don't give up first.  I have followed various instructions for rebooting services, rebooting the phone, rebooting the connecting devices in varying orders - nothing works consistently.  I read online that many are having this same problem, so it's not just me.  Are there any real solutions yet?

The personal hotspot works flawlessly on my husband's droid and on my Samsung Tablet.  Other Samsung and Visual Land tablets connect to them with no problem. My iphone is a different matter.  We know to keep the devices close, we mainly try to do this in the car.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Personal hotspot inconsistent, seldom works
TommVee

I am having the same issue. Today I tried it using VZ Access Manager. It seems to work much better. Without using VZ Access Manager it would show my PC was connected to the internet but you were lucky to get a web page to open. If it did open it didn't last. We will see how this works now.

0 Likes