Phone calls make strange noises, can't hear other person talking
m10ike

I have an iphone 4s and within the last few days it's started messing up during phone calls.  The calls connect, but I can't understnad what the person is saying to me.

Both ingoing and outgoing calls make strange sounds when the person on the other end of the line.  Everyone says that they can hear me talking, but when they talk to me, the only thing I can hear is a strange, static-y sort of noise.

I don't have any reason I can think of for why it's suddenly started doing that, except that I reset my phone about a week ago to fix a different problem I'd been having.

Does anyone know anything about this or how I can fix it?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Phone calls make strange noises, can't hear other person talking
B33
Legend

Did you just buy the phone or have you owed it for a while, If you'v owned it less than the 14 day return i think i would take it back to the store and have them get me a New one..

0 Likes
m10ike

No, I've had it for over a year at this point.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yea i understand.. Well since it's past the 14 day of return you could give these 2 suggestions a try).  A Clearing of the System Cache or you might try running a Factory Reset if the issue still persist then i would visit your Local store and see if they can get you a Certified Good as New. iPhone 4s

One other thing you could Try is Contact Apple ask them if it's possible to get an and exchange through them if your IPhone still has it's Warranty..  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello m10ike!

Right off the bat, I'm terribly sorry to learn of the issues with your device. But hey, no need to fret at all because we've got you covered.

Based on what you're reporting, this does sound like an issue with the device's speaker. The first thing I'd like to recommend is dialing *228, choose option 2, restart your phone, and test. If that doesn't work, please process a hard reset before considering a warranty or insurance replacement http://vz.to/uBfksa .

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
m10ike

I ended up having to factory reset and then reactivate my phone to get it all working again, but it seems to be running the way it's supposed to now.

0 Likes