Re: Phone does not send picture messages
Penguin40

On with Apple for the 2nd time.

1) Factory restore did not help

2) Sent several messages to a family member, they only got 1 out 4. On one picture, it took forever to receive and it failed on their end.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Penguin40 wrote:

On with Apple for the 2nd time.

1) Factory restore did not help

2) Sent several messages to a family member, they only got 1 out 4. On one picture, it took forever to receive and it failed on their end.

The end of your second point makes it a possibility that there is an issue on that person's end...your iPhone wouldn't make a message fail on another person's phone. Not saying that you aren't having some sort of problem but it's just very possible the problem isn't you or your phone at all.

0 Likes
Penguin40

Apple is sending a replacement phone-should have it tomorrow.

0 Likes
yambor44

I think this is a more common problem. I have called twice to no avail. I have the same problems sending MMS messages. All oif my parameters are set correctly. I get 1 out of 5 to send and it take FOREVER when it does send succussfully.

Mine has been doing this since receiving my brand new phone 7 weeks ago.

Anyone come up with a fix?

0 Likes
shopaholic426

Mine does the same thing and lately while it's trying to send, it gets really hot. Hot to the point where it's hard to hold it. I've been thinking about taking it in and seeing what they say. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

@ yambor44  I can certainly understand how frustrating not sending picture messages can be.  Have you tried resetting your network settings?  The following steps will help you do that:

From your home screen>press settings>press general>press reset>press reset network settings.

Once your network settings are reset your phone will restart.  When the phone is on the main screen please dial *228 hit send/call and choose option 1.  Once that update is complete please try sending out a message.  Please repost if you continue to have issues. Thanks.

0 Likes
nbeck12

i am having a similar problem and this did not work. sometimes pics send right away others fail. could it be the size of the file?

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good morning nbeck12.  

I'm sorry the previous steps provided did not work for you.  I know sending and receiving pictures is an important feature, and I would be frustrated I was unable to send or if sending was slow.  When this happens, is the WiFi turned off?  If it is on, this can cause the errors.  It could definitely be the file size; however, below I have provided you with additional troubleshooting steps to hopefully resolve this issue.

1. Please make sure WiFi is turned Off.

2. Select Settings

3. Select Messages

4. Select MMS Message

5. Turn Off and then back On. (This will help the device look for a new connection.)

Also, here is a link for additional  MMS troubleshooting: MMS Troubleshooting

If you are still experiencing the MMS issue after the steps above, please send me a Private Message and I will be happy to further assist you.

Thank you,

0 Likes
4g3gdownagain
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have to same issue on my iPhone 11 Pro Max. I don’t have any issues sending pics to anyone one contact. I get the download bar goes very slow then goes to the red exclamation. I tap retry and get the same result.

I have done the suggested and removed the contact then adding the contact back and still the same issue. Lost all the older text messages doing so!

Have searched and do see some have issues sending from iPhone to android. I can send to all my different contacts and some have Samsung phones and pics go through ok! It’s just the one contact that is on Verizon like I am on.

Big mystery to Verizon. I still look and hope to find a solution. I tried using a service called tech coach on Verizon, what a joke! Totally useless, your better off calling the Verizon support for help. They have been nice and helpful just unable to solve the issue. 

Wish everyone luck finding a solution. I will make sure and post the solution if one is found.

cheers

0 Likes
4g3gdownagain
Enthusiast - Level 2

SOLVED BY ME

I removed the contact and added the contact back. I have done this twice now and for some reason it fixed it this time,,, Yea! I hope it helps someone else. 

0 Likes