Phone only works in Wi-Fi, why?
sevdawg

My phone no longer can connect using data. It takes forever to do a web search, email, or really anything that requires a data connection. My phone constatnly has full service and 3G, but everything times out and cant load. I quit all other apps and have reset this phone so many times to no avail. I am a little upset that I pay for data that I cant access. I asked a flunky at a Verizon store and they just tried to sell me a new phone. I have been a long time Verizon customer and I am to the point of seeking another provider. It appears from what i have read that this is an ongoing issue. Is it with the network or Apple? I was also told that it could be because im in a city. Im sorry but i expect coverage in a city. Is there a solution to my problem?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Phone only works in Wi-Fi, why?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sevdawg, I know that it's important to have an internet connection and I'm here to help. It sounds like you've done quite a bit of troubleshooting. When you say you reset the phone, did you reset network settings http://bit.ly/RWB8pS, soft reset http://vz.to/1ajU7pa, or hard reset http://vz.to/13f3KzH? Try the steps in that order. If still having issues, what zip code are you located in and how long has this been going on?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sevdawg

The internet isn't the problem. The phone really only works when I am in Wi-Fi. The data is the issue. Yes I have tried all of these resets, lost all of info on the phone and I am very fed up. This has been going on ever since the wonderful roll out of ios7. When I 1st did the upgrade it deactivated the phone, I had to go to the store, luckily they were able to fix that. Ever since then though the phone is worthless. My question at this point is more related to this being a phone issue or a Verizon issue. I live in 80207 (denver) and work in 80202 (downtown Denver). I would really just like to know if this is a network issue here, or if Apple just ruiend a perfectly good phone to get me to "upgrade."

Is this a Verizon issue or Apple issue?

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

You would probably be better off making an appointment at the Genius Bar at an Apple store so that they can troubleshoot your issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this info sevdawg. I looked into both zip codes, but there have been no network issues reported. If your phone is still under warranty, we can take a look at the available options. Also, 21stNow offered a great suggestion: If you have a local Apple Store nearby, you may always take your phone to the store. If they cannot fix it, they generally can exchange your device for you that same day as long as it is covered under warranty.

Let us know if you have any additional questions. We are here to assist! Thank you sevdawg, and take care.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes