Photo Albums
24c
Contributor - Level 1

Before upgrade to iOS5 I had 2 photo albums, Camera Roll, and Photo Library.

After the upgrade I have 3, original 2 plus iTunes, which has the same content as Photo Library.

iTunes is the name of the folder on my data drive where I keep phontos for phone.

Anybody know how to delete one of the duplicate albums?

I'm guessing the Photo Library is some connected to the old OS, while iTunes is connected to the new OS.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Photo Albums
berryinrichmond

I have the same problem. I have 4 albums, camera roll, photo library, and 2 other albums one that is full of faxes from my pc. I would love to delete them too. Can't find out how! :smileymad:

0 Likes
24c
Contributor - Level 1

As far as I can discover, you cannot delete them.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

and community, I was able to use an iPhone 4 with the iOS5 software and test out your concerns regarding the photo album. I was able to find out that any photo albums you create on the computer can only be deleted from the computer. If you create a photo album on the computer through iTunes, you will need to delete that album via iTunes. If you create a photo album on your phone, you can delete it via the phone. The iTunes photo library is important because it allows you to keep a copy of the pictures through iTunes. With this feature, if you loose your phone, or it gets damaged the iTunes photo library will not be destroyed because you can sync your new phone with iTunes and transfer those pictures back to the phone. You can stop the iTunes photo library from displaying on your phone via the computer by opening iTunes, and uncheck the sync folder button.

Just additonal information, the camera roll is a temporary storage for pics taken with the iPhone. You should be importing them regularly to your computer as with any other digital camera.

Photo Library will always be on the iPhone it is where you can access all pics synced to your iPhone, so if you synced multiple folders to your iPhone, you could access all pics from one place.

Your "iPhone" is the folder that you synced to your device.  You can access the same pics the same way as you access them from the photo library.   

I hope this information is helpful!

0 Likes
BLKPRYNCEZZ

Since I updated my phone, my camera will take the photo but it doesn't store anywhere and my camcorder doesn't work either.  I have done a total reset and it still doesn't work.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes