Picture Message Fail
mokujon

I have an iPhone 4S and I am on 5.0.  Every time I try to send a picture message to someone it says message send failure.  Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone know how to fix this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Picture Message Fail
jcoley6554

Had the same problem yesterday.  Rebooted the phone and now it sends pictures just fine.

0 Likes
mokujon

just tried to restart.  didn't help.  anything else?

0 Likes
iPhone4s334
Try doing a PRL update. *228, send, option 2.
0 Likes
smclaurin

I am having this problem as well.  No one can send a pic to my iPhone 4S either.

0 Likes
pinksugar

I had this same problem, but I know it's because I turned my cellular data off just so I don't use up unneccessary data and that affected me sending or recieving any picture messages. I had to reboot my whole iPhone, and when I changed the settings to how it use to be that's how I found out. Save your self the time from the reboot and just check your settings to make sure you should be recieving everything!

0 Likes
nilsensine
Turning my cellular data on fixed the problem. Thank you!
0 Likes
mokujon

my cellular data is on and it still doesn't work

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello mokujon,

The iPhone 4S has one of the best cameras ever on a cellular device! I can certainly help in getting your picture messaging working so you can share pictures with your friends and family between devices. Below, I have listed a few troubleshooting steps for you to try on the device to resolve this issue. Although some steps may have been posted by another community member, I'm reiterating this information just in case someone else is searching for the answer as well. Please see steps below:

• Verify signal strength. (At least 2 bars of 3G)
  • Enable MMS Messaging in Settings (Settings > Messages > MMS Messaging On)
  • Turn off bluetooth and wifi when not in use.
  • Enable Send As SMS in Settings.
  • Power the device off then back on.
  • Perform a Restore on the device using iTunes.

Additional steps suggested by Apple - http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2755

The last troubleshooting step does erase all personal information from the iPhone. It is recommended that the device is sync'd with a computer prior to the restore to archive your information. Once the Restore has been performed then test all voice and data service on the iPhone for functionality. Please reply with your findings as I am eager to know if these steps resolved the picture messaging issue.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
mokujon

tried all of those and it still won't send picture messages.  when i try and do a restore i get an error message saying "the iphone could not be restored. the device isn't eligible for the requested build."  should i take it to an apple store or to a verizon store and see what they can do with it?

0 Likes