Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Poor Customer Service
lelizabeth09

Hello

After spending hours attempting to reach a person to discuss my options about my phone I have to say I am very disappointed. I have an iPhone 4 that has a power button that refuses to work. The phone was not dropped the button was just pushed and stuck not allowing my phone to lock, power off/on. or screen shot. I have the Total Equipment Coverage insurance plan on my phone that should cover damage as well as mechanical/electrical defects. I know this issue is something that effects a lot of iPhone 4 products and I don't feel that I need to pay 169 dollars to receive a new or refurbished phone. I have paid over 240 dollars in insurance since receiving this particular phone and never had an issue and now that I do they are asking me to pay the 169 dollars. I have been with Verizon for 5 years now and never had an issue like this. My contract is up in February and I am unsure if I will be staying with the company after this.

I hope to hear from someone who can help me.

Lauren << Full name removed >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor Customer Service
Not applicable

Presently there is a class action against Apple for the button issue. You can Google it to see what Apple is offering.

I would hazard a guess Apple will let you get it fixed for free.

You could go to the Apple Store near you, http://www.apple.com and search for the store you want.

Even if Apple fixes the button and charges for it, the cost will be no where near $170.00 insurance from Verizon is horrible even though they only act as the seller and collector of the premiums.

For what you paid in premiums you could buy a new iphone for cash. Never purchase insurance since many times its just throwing money away.

Go have Apple repair it. you will be glad you did. and get that insurance off your account. It proves worthless to you in the long run.

Good Luck

0 Likes