Pre order - No Confirmation Email Yet
kippe345

I finished placing my preorder (with new line) about 20 min ago and managed to click the browser off the confirmation page before I could print it.

I've been waiting for an email with the confirmation info so I can check the status of my order (since it was under review when I got the original screen).  I haven't gotten that email yet...is anyone else having this issue?  Should I be concerned that it didn't process for some reason and attempt to place the order again?

Oh, and since I didn't manage to write down any of the numbers before clicking off that screen I can't check anything on the order status page LOL.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Pre order - No Confirmation Email Yet
itsmorowind

I literally just made an account to ask the same question.. I closed out of the that window because i assumed it would all be e-mailed to me. I have faith it will be e-mailed.

0 Likes
bellabaloooky
Enthusiast - Level 3
I ordered when it first went live about 5 min. Early. I got the confirmation about 30 min later. It will come...however something weird happened with my shipping address, but I will get that fixed later.
0 Likes
itsmorowind

Can i go to sleep or do I have to stay awake for the confirmation e-mail? Like will it cancel if I don't confirm the e-mail in a certain amout of time?

0 Likes
kippe345

I just got my confirmation...you're probably fine to go to sleep.  I may have been a little paranoid...LOL as if I could have done anything to fix an error at this point.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

itsmorowind wrote:

Can i go to sleep or do I have to stay awake for the confirmation e-mail? Like will it cancel if I don't confirm the e-mail in a certain amout of time?

Actually, you will have to stay awake until the phone arrives, or they may cancel the order!!!:smileyvery-happy:

smitty97007
Contributor - Level 1

Also, and this may just be me who didn't figure this out right away, when you click the link in the confirmation email to Check your order status, in the form field where it asks for Order Number, use the Preorder Confirmation number from the email, not the Order Number.  If you enter the Order Number from your email, it will say no such order exists and you will have a mini heart attack like I did.  When you enter the Preorder Confirmation number, it will tell you the order was found and it will ship on 10/14.

0 Likes
SFalconi

If you haven't gotten a confirmation email, don't stress. When I placed my order this morning the confirmation page that came up once the order was done said that due to the high volume of pre-orders it may take up to 2 hours to receive an email confirmation. I just left that screen up on firefox and went back to bed, so that I would at least have some numbers to reference if I didn't get an email. Turned out I didn't even need it, I looked at my phone when I got back into bed, and I already had the confirmation email!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I expected this type of thread...it happened during the Feb pre-order. Confirmation emails will likely arrive much slower than usual. There are thousands (at the very least) of people ordering at the same time so the systems are going to be slowed down. If you don't receive a confirmation email by tomorrow then you might be able to get answers by calling VZW....BUT expect crazy wait times and the possibility that CS can't give you an answer because the systems are still slow. Your order is probably fine. But know that checking the status of the order even after getting that confirmation will likely make you panic more because the status will also be slow updating. It will probably say pending credit review (even if you are already a customer and don't need a credit check) or it may just say processing. It may actually continue to say processing or credit review until after it has actually shipped. If you paid using a credit card (or debit card or even your checking account) keep checking your account to see when it is actually charged. That will be a good indicator of when your order shipped (or is cued for shipping) and you might notice this before you finally get a order shipped email (or before the status updates to say this). It's Friday...and although it says that orders will ship by 10/13 or 10/14 (I think) it's possible you will start receiving phones as early as Monday or Tuesday. You will NOT likely see a phone any time this weekend so on that note you can relax and try to enjoy your weekend without checking every few minutes to see the status. If you are a new customer and truly had to get a credit check done...that may delay to some degree. Again, be patient. Very few people will end up with a true order problem. Everyone won't get their phone on the same day but the flow will be pretty consistent so don't stress if you see people saying they got theirs on Monday and you haven't. Also, be prepared in advance. You WILL see threads created just to taunt those that ordered...claiming things like they received their phone as early as tomorrow (it won't happen). And like I mentioned, if you call CS to ask about a lot of things related to shipping (when will it ship, where is my package, where is my confirmation number, etc) you will become even more frustrated because CS will not be able to give you much more info than you already have...and they won't be able to tell you anything if the system hasn't updated.

Relax...the hard part is over...you placed your order. The only time to truly start to panic would be if the 14th came and you haven't received an email at all or your package hasn't arrived.

0 Likes
00trayn
Thanks so much for that information! I woke up this morning to a confirmation email and subsequent mini heart attack when I tried to use the order number and it wasn't found! My status is now processing with a delivery on 10/14. Too bad I already sent off an email to customer support to look into it... iPhone impatience... haha 

smitty97007 wrote:

Also, and this may just be me who didn't figure this out right away, when you click the link in the confirmation email to Check your order status, in the form field where it asks for Order Number, use the Preorder Confirmation number from the email, not the Order Number.  If you enter the Order Number from your email, it will say no such order exists and you will have a mini heart attack like I did.  When you enter the Preorder Confirmation number, it will tell you the order was found and it will ship on 10/14.

0 Likes