Price Drop 4S
Lisa00

Will Verizon be dropping their price on 4S?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Price Drop 4S
pfiggs

I read that the iPhone 4 will be free and the iPhone 4S will be $99 (16gb)....

http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/iphone-5-vs-iphone-4s-how-the-specs-compare-20120912/

0 Likes
johnhalldesign
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I read that too, but the 4s 16 is still listed at $199.  I bought one 14 days ago, and today is my last day to either trade for an iPhone5, or get the reduced price.  They won't honor the reduced price until its official, but if I trade, I have to turn my 4s in today, and go back to my old crappy phone until the new one is shipped.  Does anyone know when the price change on the 4s is in effect? I'm inclined to just take the money & keep the 4s.

0 Likes
imnotbernard959
Enthusiast - Level 2

You should definitely return the iphone 4s if you still can. The iphone 4s is outdated, and if you're willing to pay the $199 price for it, you should get the Galaxy S3 or the iphone 5. Personally, I switched from Apple's ecosystem (iMac, iPad, and iPod Touch) to the Galaxy S3 and I think it was a good switch. I still use the iMac and iPad together, but the Galaxy S3 was just perfect for me.

0 Likes
georgekohut

Verizon still sells the 4S for $199.  Apple sells it on their website for $99.

0 Likes
johnhalldesign
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guarantee what they are doing is waiting until 14 days after the iPhone5 announcement date to lower their price.  That way they figure anybody who bought a 4s recently will be outside of the 14 day price guarantee, and they won't have to refund them the hundred dollar difference. Bastards.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They will likely change the price when the iPhone 5 is officially available in the stores. This is just a guess on my part.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
banns
Enthusiast - Level 2

OH man, that would suck if they were really going to wait 2 more weeks from this Friday!!

I went into a Verizon store today and was told that the price will drop on Friday when the iphone 5 is available to purchase in the store/online. I'm assuming that even if the iphone 5 is backordered, the price drop will still happen (hopefully!).