Problem sending SMS messages
Ollides

Hi all, 

I've had this problem for a couple months now and it's gotten to be a real annoyance. For some reason, some text messages I send never make it to their recipients, and it is not exclusive to one network or person as multiple people have said they never received my message. 

For some contacts, nearly every time I send a message it never goes through, which is really annoying. Tried every trick I know, including *228, setting "roaming" to on, turning on and off phone, doing network reset. I'm running out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problem sending SMS messages
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Yes it will but if you follow the instructions on the Apple site you will be able to restore from a backup. Here is a link that will help. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Have you contacted tech support to see if there is something they can fix on their end? Also, have you tried resetting or restoring your phone? Not sure if it will work but it's worth a try.

0 Likes
Ollides

Went to my local Verizon store down here and they couldn't really offer a solution. Basically told me to do the beforementioned tricks, so I got frustrated and assumed every Verizon rep would say the same thing (which probably is pessimistic and untrue haha). 

Haven't tried restoring the phone though, will doing so erase all data? 

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Yes it will but if you follow the instructions on the Apple site you will be able to restore from a backup. Here is a link that will help. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

0 Likes
Ollides

I tried the complete restore, and waited about  a week to see if the problem was fixed. Still here, and getting more annoying. I'm having to re-send messages just about every time, which is obviously not right. 

So this problem is not "solved" like the green sign suggest it is. It is still alive and well. 

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Might help if you try talking to another rep or if you are near an Apple store seeing if they can help. Not knowing your location...it's possible it's an issue with the coverage in your area. Do you know any other VZW customer in your area that is or isn't having the issue?

0 Likes
Ollides

I guess I'll make a trek down to a different Verizon store and the Apple store as well. I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico, which is obviously a major city and should have no coverage issues. As for other Verizon users experiencing similar problems, I haven't heard of anything similar. 

I should mention that my service was part of the Alltel - Verizon merger, and my old Alltel plan is still in place under this contract. Don't know if that could be the cause, but worth mentioning. 

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

It's possible that could be part of the problem. Verizon should be able to tell you if that is truly the issue (they may need to fix something in the provisioning).

0 Likes
Ollides

I have tried the *228 (option 2) solution, but to no avail. Sounds like another trip to a Verizon store will (hopefully) provide the fix. Thanks for all the help, it's much appreciated! 

0 Likes
Bob274

It appears to be a universal issue to force us to use their horrible message+ app that only works half the time. It terrible. And going through every option on their tech support doesn't help. 

0 Likes