Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Problem with iPhone 4s....People cannot hear me when I call them
arendss1

Help!! I will call someone or vis versa and they will not be able to hear me but I can hear them. It just started happening today and if I put it on speaker phone then they can hear me. Siri will not work when I talk to her, so I don't know if it's my speaker or what. Someone please help!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problem with iPhone 4s....People cannot hear me when I call them
gina7239

Either your pressing mute which is not likely. Or there's a reciever issue because both if those functions are useing different functions.

0 Likes
Re: Problem with iPhone 4s....People cannot hear me when I call them
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello arendss1,

Thank you for sharing your audio concern with your iPhone 4S! As your wireless provider, we want to make sure that you are able to get the maximum usage out of your device! I would like to partner with you so we can get this issue resolved once and for all! May I ask is there any physical or liquid damage on the device? Also, what software version do you have on the phone? Below are some steps to try to resolve the audio issues.

• Turn off bluetooth and wifi in the Settings Menu.
  • Verify that the headset jack is clean.
  • Adjust the volume from the Settings menu. (Settings > Sounds > Ringer and Alerts)
  • Confirm that "Change with Buttons" is on.
  • Perform a soft reset by pressing & holding the home key & the sleep/wake key for 10 seconds.

Once you have tried these steps then please retest to see if the audio has returned to the device. I would also like to suggest test the device on speaker phone and with a wired earpiece as well. If the issue persist then please advise of any changes as all new information may prove to be beneficial in achieving a resolution.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes