Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Problem with iphone 4s messaging
Jon_Rodriguez

Randomly there are texts that get held back and wont be sent until later that day or even days later. This has happened to a few of the people I have texted that I know of and text enough to realize there is a problem. On my phone it shows that the text was sent though. any one else experiencing this or know a solution to this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problem with iphone 4s messaging
letlove_0921

I notice this issue only when I am trying to message someone with an Iphone. If they are on 5.0 or 5.0.1 the new OS for iphone if they are in an area or if you're in an area and do not have a data connection or have good coverage it will try to convert the message to a standard text message instead of an Imessage.

If its someone that is not using an iphone and your still having the problem try just a simple reboot. Turn the phone off and power it back on. 

0 Likes
gerio
More often than not, an unreceived text that shows as successfully sent from your phone is a network issue.

Don't know about iMessages, although I can tell when an iPhone user receives my text, but out of a data zone. But that can mean that the iPhone is turned off, too (I think).

Geri O
0 Likes
WTW2012

I am experiencing this problem too!

0 Likes