Problems syncing iPhone 4s 64GB with iTunes
jnieto555

I'm hoping some of my fellow iPhoners can assist me...

I'm having an extremely difficult time getting my new iPhone 4s to sync with iTunes.  First some background...  My iPhone is up to date with iOS 5.0.1 and iTunes is the most current version 10.5.  I'm using a Windows laptop running Windows 7.  

Using the supplied Apple USB cord, whenever I attach my iPhone to my laptop, it gives me the error message that it cannot recognize my iPhone and directs me to "Restore" it.  I've done the restore so many times it's rediculous.  This is my 3rd iPhone since the 4s came out.  At first all the signs pointed to it being an iPhone issue as this happened using 3 different computers so Apple and Verizon were kind enough to replace my iPhone 2x now.  So this being the 3rd iPhone I'm wondering if it isn't something else.  Can anyone please provide some insight?

Thanks,

Jason

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Problems syncing iPhone 4s 64GB with iTunes
pingpchamp

I had this problem with mine as well, and after calling apple support, they had me delete itunes and the associated programs from my computer and reinstall them.  After that, it worked and synced just fine. 

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Try going through the steps in this link from Apple Support. http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538

You will need to go through all of the steps. It's a little more detailed than just deleting iTunes or just restoring your iPhone. Not sure if it will resolve your issue but it won't hurt to try.

0 Likes
Tabethasmith

So if I go to a verizon store, will they be able to help me or do I have to go thru apple to get my phone fixed?

0 Likes
mariosamey

First go to iTunes menu EDIT > PREFERENCES > DEVICES tab, check the box 'prevent iPod, iPhone or iPad from syncing automatically'.

Connect your iPhone to your computer.  Go menu FILE > TRANSFER PURCHASES FROM IPHONE

After transfer, you may start your Sync and see if it resolves the issue.

0 Likes