Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Problems with Verizon Customer Service
sir_alex

As a European (german speaking) I am not a Verizon customer, but have bought a locked Verizon Iphone 4s. The Customer Service speaks only with customers with a phone number!!! No phone number no chance.

Is this always the case with American companies? I wish really that only Verizon has such a lousy customer service ...

Recommendation of the Verizon customer support: discard iPhone!! What an ecological thinking. I offered by paying them to unlock it, no change ...

Does anyone have any idea how to progress? In March I will stay in Florida

Thanks for the answers

Alex

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problems with Verizon Customer Service
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

First of all, it appears as if you WERE able to speak with Verizon CS without a phone # as you relayed the recommendation they gave you.

Next, having you discard the phone is not necessarily a bad ecological thing. If you were to sell it to another person who could actually use it on the Verizon network, that would be discarding it for you, while NOT being bad ecologically.

Verizon WILL NOT unlock an iPhone 4s UNLESS it is active on a Verizon line of service and that line of service meets certain requirements, such as being in good standing for the past 60 days. If you do not meet this requirement, Verizon will not unlock it for you.

If you are staying in Florida in March you could see if someone you know would temporarily activate it on their Verizon line of service in order to have it unlocked by Verizon. If you can't find someone to do so, your best line of action MAY be to discard it by selling it to someone who actually CAN use it and to purchase a phone YOU can actually use.

0 Likes