Problems with sound
mimilahugus

I just received my iPhone 4s on Tuesday and it was working fine. Today, I noticed it was difficult to hear while using the phone next to my ear. The speakerphone works great, but I can't get the volume up when I put it to my ear. Never had this problem with the iPhone 4. Also, on a call, my friend could not hear me, but I could hear her. The mute button was not on. Can anyone advise me on this issue? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problems with sound
aigvccbruce

I am experiecing a severe "echo" wheb using the Apple earbuds during a call. The feedback of my own voice makes it virtually impossible  to hear the other party.

Any ideas?

PS: Tried 3rd party earbuds - same thing.

0 Likes
tr1age

The echo is caused by the case not allowing the headphones to get securley into the hole. Try doing it again without a case. Should work :smileyhappy: There are adapters you can buy to extend the hole out.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I had that I couldnt hear a call without speaker but the person on other end could. The apple store went internally moved wires and cured it. Known to happen with all iPhones. Everything worked that used back speaker front speaker nothing.
0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

gina7289 wrote:
I had that I couldnt hear a call without speaker but the person on other end could. The apple store went internally moved wires and cured it. Known to happen with all iPhones. Everything worked that used back speaker front speaker nothing.

The iPhone you had an issue with...was it one different than the 4 or 4s? Unless I am misunderstanding the setup of my iPhone 4 there is no front and back speaker. There is only one speaker (at the bottom of the phone...one side is the speaker and the other side is the mic). At any rate, if the OP or anyone else that is having this problem is near an Apple store they should get it checked out. You can also take a look at the link below to see if anything in it helps.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1630

Not sute if this will help any but you can also look at the following link for hardware troubleshooting. It's supposed to help you determine if you actually have a hardware issue for various problems.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2802

0 Likes
aigvccbruce

My issue at least does not appear to be from the earbud jacks not fitting in securely or tight. It is not a case issue either.

Iphone 4S

32 MB

5.01 OS

Since I pre-ordered it thru Verizon and received on 11/14 not sure if I should go to Apple store or not. I have the Verizon insurance and missed the cutoff for Apple Care.

Thanks!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

aigvccbruce wrote:

My issue at least does not appear to be from the earbud jacks not fitting in securely or tight. It is not a case issue either.

Iphone 4S

32 MB

5.01 OS

Since I pre-ordered it thru Verizon and received on 11/14 not sure if I should go to Apple store or not. I have the Verizon insurance and missed the cutoff for Apple Care.

Thanks!

You don't have to have Apple Care in order to get help at the Apple store. Since you are within the manufacturer 1 year warranty period Apple will address any warranty covered issues. It just depends on what you prefer (working with the Apple store or working with VZW). As a minor side note, it's possible that you could still get AppleCare+. Just go to your local Apple store with your shipping info you received when your iPhone arrived. They may allow you to go ahead and purchase since you pre-ordered but did not receive it until the 14th. Won't hurt to ask

0 Likes