Re: Purchasing Ring Tones iPhone vs. Verizon vs. iTunes
Tidbits
Legend

Well if you lost the email address used and forgot the password you are SOL especially when they added alternative email addresses and you didn't set that up.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

What do you mean? If you lost access to the email address that you used to set up iCloud? Or if you can't remember what address/password you used? (sorry if I am just completely misunderstanding) Because unless you forgot your email address used to log into iTunes period then you shouldn't have a problem remembering the email address associated with your iCloud account...since they are one and the same. Now if you're trying to retrieve purchases from iTunes OTA and you had several iTunes accounts but can't remember the email addresses associated with them and the password then yes, you're probably in trouble then....

That is why, even though I use the iCloud system I am still old school enough to not rely completely on it for my music backup needs. I also occasionally hook my iPhone up to my computer and switch to "Back up to this computer" and allow it to do a  backup to my computer, then switch it back to iCloud backup. Just a little extra insurance so to speak. I also still ocassionally do old school backups of my iTunes library....because before all of this iCloud stuff ever came in to existence it was always smart to back up your library just in case your computer crashed and you lost everything. iTunes would show reminders but a lot of people would ignore it because they just didn't think they had to worry about it...then become irate and swear that Apple was screwing them over because their computer crashed and they lost all of their music on it and couldn't get it back...despite KNOWING that it was recommended you backup your library and knowing that in general, Apple would not let you re-download your old purchases (although a lot of the time if you contact Apple they would allow a one time redownload of your iTunes purchases as a show of goodwill...despite documentation flat out warning you that you need to backup your library to avoid this type of loss). A lot of people complained because it was just an extra step they just didn't feel like having to do...and thought they should be able to just get it back off of their iPod (for example)....which at some point you could if you found the steps to do so online but it was tedious....and I think at some point that became impossible or much more difficult to do with certain models. Funny thing about that was even if you could do that what would you do if you lost your device AND you didn't have your library backed up...and your computer wasn't an option (harddrive crashed or you no longer had access to that computer for example)...before there was an iCloud if you didn't do library backups and that scenario happened you were just SOL and could only be upset at yourself.

But I'm going off topic so I digress lol.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I'm a fan of making my own also...I did it for my previous BB's using iTunes so when I transitioned to the iPhone all I had to do was convert them to .m4r to make them work for the iPhone. It's really an easy process even if you never did it before and you really don't need to use those ringtone making apps but even if you do it's a much more economical way to get exactly what you want using music you already have rather than paying for it. But to each their own!

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

I use phonezoo.com, not sure if it works with an iphone.

0 Likes