Question about itunes and ........
kdmorton2414

i have to reinstall windows on my computer and obviously i have to reinstall itunes.  My question is when i hook my iphone back up to comp. and have a brand new itunes will everything on my iphone sync back up to itunes or will i lose everything?  Thanks for the answers in advance, i just dont want to lose everything on my iphone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Question about itunes and ........
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Assuming that you didn't have your iPhone set to auto sync music (not sure if that's an option with the iPhone so this may be irrelevant, but with the iPod you can manually manage your music or have it auto-sync) then the iTunes purchases on your iPhone can be transferred back to your computer from the iPhone. Also, most (if not all) of your song and video purchases can be downloaded in iTunes (on your computer) from the Cloud. Anything you have on your iPhone from other sources won't be transferred back so if you don't have a backup of those files they will be lost. Not sure if there is a way around that, but if there is someone might chime in.

0 Likes
workingman
Contributor - Level 1

Is Apple offering the Cloud right now? Or is it in this fall?

0 Likes
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

It's only released to devs right now, once ios 5 comes out then you'll be able to get your head in the clouds (or your phone or your mac or your ipod or your iPad!)

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

iCloud...or a portion of it (that allows you to download previously purchased items), works right now. Perhaps using the word "iCloud" makes it confusing since Apple refers to service not being available until iOS 5 releases. I have used it to download previous purchases to both my laptop and my iPod Touch. We can't do any of this on our iPhone at this point though. In the iTunes store (from the computer) if you click on "Purchased" it will take you to a page that lets you see what purchased items are available for download (you can view all or view items not on this device).

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

kdmorton2414-Thank you for posting your concern on the community forum. 

Thank you community for addressing these concerns.

I would be happy to answer your questions in relation to iTunes.

You definitely want to sync your iPhone with iTunes prior to uninstalling iTunes & Windows on your computer.

How To Sync With iTunes

Once you have reinstalled Windows and iTunes, you  will still  be able to access all of the files you backed up to iTunes.

Just make sure you log in using the correct Apple ID and it should work flawlessly for you.

I hope I was able to answer your questions

0 Likes
kdmorton2414

thank you

0 Likes