Question regarding transfer upgrade...
jcslao
Hi, I'm on a family plan of 5 people and 2 lines are eligible for upgrade. 

My mother line is on a month to month plan with no contract. She used a old Verizon phone that she found laying around. So she automatically has an upgrade available.

My sister line (EnV) is the primary line and she is eligible for an annual or early upgrade.

My line is eligible for an upgrade in May and my contract is up in September.

I really want the iPhone 4 for Verizon and I really like Verizon and plan to stay with them as long as I live.

Is there a possible way to use my mother or my sister upgrade to get the iPhone for myself?

If I use my mothers upgrade will that put her in a contract?

Or if I use my sister upgrade will that extend her contract or renew her contract?

And what does the upgrade discount consist of as for pricing? Will I get the iPhone at $300 for 2 years?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Question regarding transfer upgrade...
shaiman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, you are able to use your mother/sisters upgrade. That is what I did. However you will lock your sister into a new 2 year agrement and she will not be able to get a new phone until the 2 years is up. And for your mom, You would have to lock her into a 2 year plan because verizon sells it subsidized for 200 dollars. If you were to buy it through here month-month plan you would have to pay for the not subsidized cost of over $599 for the phone. I hope i could help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
shaiman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, you are able to use your mother/sisters upgrade. That is what I did. However you will lock your sister into a new 2 year agrement and she will not be able to get a new phone until the 2 years is up. And for your mom, You would have to lock her into a 2 year plan because verizon sells it subsidized for 200 dollars. If you were to buy it through here month-month plan you would have to pay for the not subsidized cost of over $599 for the phone. I hope i could help.

0 Likes
jcslao
Thank you so much. You did help. Your response is what I wanted to hear.

So with thy being said, once I order the phone under her name and activate it. I'm then able to deactivate it from her line and then activate on my own line...correct?
0 Likes
jcslao
And about the upgrade discount:

If I get my mother into a 2 year contract and she gets the iPhone 4. The iPhone 32GB is $300. What is the upgrade discount price? Will it be $50 or $100 off the $300?
0 Likes
Toyota4x4van
Contributor - Level 3

Ordering it under her name and then deactivating it and reactivating...lots to go wrong and get mixed up.  Better to go into a Verizon store and have them do it (or do it online on Verizon's "My Verizon" site).  You need to "use" (transfer) either your mom's available upgrade or your sister's available upgrade to your #.  That will extend their contract for 2 years and allow you to order the iPhone on your line at the upgrade price.  Your own # contract date remains the same.  There won't be any additional discount off the $299 iPhone.  That price [b]IS[/b] the discounted/upgrade price.  Without a 2 year contract (either new contract or extending an existing contract) the iPhone 4s 32GB is $749.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why did you respond to a post that is over a year old?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes