Quick Fix BATTERY DRAIN - (until the update of course)
tr1age

I have recently been having problems with my battery on my iPhone 4S like everyone else has. So I decided that I would go to my local Apple store and see what was wrong. They had done a diagnostic test on it and said that my software was corrupted. They told me that to fix this problem I need to sync the iPhone to iTunes and restore and set up as a new iPhone. He emailed me this link showing me step by step on how to fix the problem with out losing anything on my phone. So I tried it out and IT'S FINALLY FIXED! My battery goes down at least one percent every 2/3 hours, giving me that 200 hour stand by time. 

INSTRUCTIONS:
http://listentotristan.blogspot.com/2011/10/iphone-4s-batterygate-fix.html

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Quick Fix BATTERY DRAIN - (until the update of course)
cj2000

One thing that drastically helped me was to shut down all the apps that you are not using.  When you press the 'Home" button and open up different apps, that previously run app does NOT automatically shut down.  It stays running in the background.  To see what apps you have running, simply 'double-tap' on your "Home" button and you will see a 'task manager bar' pop up.  You can scroll through it and even use it to bounce back into an already running app.  To shut down apps that you arent using, simply press and hold on any app that you see in the task manager pop-up (below all the other apps).  You will see 'minus' signs appear next to them.  Tapping this minus will not delete the app, but will just shut it down or quit the app.  It seems that the processor still dedicates power to every app open, even with the screen locked, so periodically just managing your apps and shutting down apps that are not being used will drastically increase battery life.  (You can also power off and power on as well...this will shut down everything too).    Think of it like your computer.....you have 10 programs running in the background and your bound to have performance issues.  I hope this helps....It deffinitely did for me.

0 Likes
Re: Quick Fix BATTERY DRAIN - (until the update of course)
tr1age

Shutting down apps won't save battery unfortuantely. The OS is smart enough to minimize their battery use.

0 Likes