Re: Set up personal hotspot
sedulous65

I am experiencing a similar problem trying to Enable Personal Hotspot on my iPhone4.  I called in and they said that it was a $20/mo feature that I would have to add.  Is this only available for 4G phones?  I know there was a recent FCC ruling that ordered Verizon to stop charging fees for this service.

(Branched to this new discusssion for better exposure..original thread too old)

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator (M)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I use my Hotspot all the time, so I can see why you're interested, sedulous65! I'm not sure about any FCC rulings, but I know that our new Share Everything Plans allow you to use the Hotspot for no additional cost. In fact, your entire account would be able to share a pre-determined allowance of data. Select the link for additional details: http://bit.ly/xdDajD Have a good one!

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Re: Set up personal hotspot
sedulous65

Hi Chauncey,

Here's a link to one of several articles on the FCC agreement with Verizon. It sounds like this should not be a fee service or require me to upgrade plans.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57485518-94/what-verizons-fcc-tethering-settlement-means-to-you-faq/

Please let me know how the service the article mentions is different than the Hotspot service you are referring to in the Share Everything Plan.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
Re: Re: Set up personal hotspot
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The older unlimited and tiered data plans aren't subject to the block C (4G LTE network band) and have a separate charge for the hotspot feature. The Share Everything plans comply with the block C ruling because the hotspot is included with the data plan allowance.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DeathDealer16

kirill,

You will need to login to your Verizon wireless account and click on the Change Features button on the middle of the page.

Add Features.png

Then select the phone line you want to add the Personal Hotspot feature and click on Next button.

Now, scroll down to the section Data Hotspot Packages and click on the Add button.

Personal Hotspot.png

Finally, click on the Next button to complete the process.

0 Likes