Re: Upgrade
vaushnsusan

A little over a month ago my children purchased an I phone 4. I hate it with a passion. I contacted Verizon they told me it would cost me over 600.00 to change phones. I have been a customer with them for a long time too. I called Apple they told me it was up to Verizon since it had been just a couple of days from the time I received the phone they did not see why that I could not exchange my phone. To end my contract will also cost me over 500.00. I just want a phone that works. So it once my contract is done so am I. Need to find another carrier. I will take my other phones off too.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Which is it, a couple of days or over a month? Verizon has a 14 day period when you can return a phone and choose a different model. You would only have a $35 restocking fee for the returned phone then you could get a different phone at the discounted rate. After this time, you have to pay full retail for a different phone.

Why do you say it will cost you over $500 to end your contract? The ETF for a smartphone starts at $350 and drops $10 for each month of your contract you complete?

Keep these lengths of time and fees in mind when you change carriers, as they have similar policies.

You may want to check swappa.com for a different type of phone. You may find one on there you would like at a significant discount over full retail. You could then sell your iPhone 4 on there if you find a different phone you like which would cover most if not all of the cost of the phone you purchase.

0 Likes
Not applicable

If you hate your new iPhone with a passion, why don't you just re-activate your previous phone on your line so you at least have a "phone that works" until you can figure out what to do to resolve this situation.  Like sell your iPhone and purchase whatever phone you feel would serve you better.

Just a suggestion, best of luck.

0 Likes