Reactivate iPhone 4s
MacZone

Hi,

I have an iPhone 4s (without a SIM card slot and thus no SIM) which I bought about 4 years ago in a US Verizon store. I'm sure it must have been deactivated by now. In October I'll return to Canada and the US for a short vacation trip. Is there a way to reactivate the phone in advance over the internet? Or do I have to go to a store? In case I can reactivate the phone online, will I be able to use the phone near the US/Canada border, such as in Niagara Falls, ON? My guess is, if I cannot activate it before setting my foot on US soil, I won't be able to use it before crossing the border and walking into a store in Niagara Falls, NY or Buffalo, NY. Is that right?

Regards,

Mac

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Reactivate iPhone 4s
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Any device that requires initial activation or reactivation with Verizon Wireless needs to be located within Verizon Wireless coverage in the United States. In your situation, all iPhone devices that were released before the iPhone 5S have been retired and can no longer be activated with us. Once you cross over the border, visit a Verizon Wireless store to find temporary communication solutions with us while you are traveling here.

Abraham_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Reactivate iPhone 4s
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Any device that requires initial activation or reactivation with Verizon Wireless needs to be located within Verizon Wireless coverage in the United States. In your situation, all iPhone devices that were released before the iPhone 5S have been retired and can no longer be activated with us. Once you cross over the border, visit a Verizon Wireless store to find temporary communication solutions with us while you are traveling here.

Abraham_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes