Recent VZ Contact Transfer update fails
prr

I've been using VZ Contact Transfer successfully for about a year now but the latest update (2.3.0.65), about a week ago, is not working. I know wireless must be off and I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling.  The exact error I am getting is :

SERVER ERROR

Severe error has occurred. Please report the error to Customer Support (10,0:600)

No info about whether  it is Verizon "Customer Support" or the app developer, Synchronoss , "Customer Support".  I find no info about VZ Contact Transfer troubleshooting at either company site.

Is anyone having (or had) the same problem?  Any suggestions?  Or is there a better way/app?

Any help is appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Recent VZ Contact Transfer update fails
DDR
Enthusiast - Level 1

As you probably all found out today, there was a VZ Contact Transfer app update 2.3.1.75.  I installed the update and the app successful synced my contacts.  I'm not sure how to verify this for sure but the app indicated it worked Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Bohemir

I have encountered the same issue on my phone as well.  Completed my iOS upgrade and now my VZ Contact Transfer runs into the same server error.

0 Likes
DDR
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue as well -- both prior to upgrading iOS and after upgrading iOS to 6.0. 

0 Likes
clevegirl1

same here.  have been using this app since june 2011.  no issues until this week.  both before & after installing iOS6.  can't find any other posts re this.  i'll be calling them tomorrow.

0 Likes
fifty5coop

I'm having the exact same issue since the update installed.  I deleted the app from my IPhone 4 and reloaded the previous version (prior to update) via Itunes but it forced me into downloading the update before the transfer could proceed and gave me same error that prr got.  This really concerns me since I've read that contacts will be deleted from the database if not synced every 30 days.  Please post what you find out when you call...I will try calling Verizon also.

0 Likes
ddallasnc

Let me add myself to the growing list of people who does not have a functioning VZ Contact Transfer app (after upgrading to IOS 6.0 for me). The app worked perfectly for a year for me until now.

0 Likes
Andy_Cowley

Same problem for me .... post App update to version 2.0.3.65 the app no longer functions on either iOS5 or iOS6 .... either with or without WiFi enabled it gets to approx. 400 of my 1000 contacts and then errors with a 'Lost connection to server' message ....

0 Likes
DDR
Enthusiast - Level 1

As you probably all found out today, there was a VZ Contact Transfer app update 2.3.1.75.  I installed the update and the app successful synced my contacts.  I'm not sure how to verify this for sure but the app indicated it worked Smiley Happy

0 Likes
ddallasnc

I  will second the "DDR post" to say that the upgraded VZ Contact Transfer app has solved the problem. I downloaded it a few minutes ago and tried the new app, and the contacts are synced both to and from my iPhone. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
prr

Yup, it seems the latest update to the app has corrected the previous updates issues.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

0 Likes