Remove upgrade
varuum

Absolutely cannot stand the IOS 7 upgrade.  Can the phone be rolled back to the old version ?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Remove upgrade
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

You absolutely cannot roll back the iOS software.  Apple is no longer signing OS6.  You will have get used to it.  Or purchase a new device that still has iOS6 on it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

You absolutely cannot roll back the iOS software.  Apple is no longer signing OS6.  You will have get used to it.  Or purchase a new device that still has iOS6 on it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the new update can take some getting used to, varuum.
You can't go back to the previous version. What don't you like about the new version?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cheriegold

I don't know how to start a new discussion here so I thought I'd tag on to this one.  I upgraded to iOS 7 as soon as my phone suggested the upgrade.  I've had problems ever since. I kept thinking Apple would fix them so in the latest upgrade to 7.0.3 I am not even able to use my phone except when someone calls me.

I CANNOT:

• turn my phone off
  • see my texts (the screen stays white and then goes away completely)
  • see my schedule (the screen is black and then goes away completely)
  • half the time when I push the home button it doesn't respond

This is what I KNOW OF, but I need help!  I use my phone for business and this is really really bad!!  Any suggestions would be so much appreciated.

Cherie

0 Likes
dan15

I am not happy with the upgrade either , first thing I noticed was the one app I use for work lost about 1/2 its  capability, and then I started getting data usage warnings, even though I have not changed any of my usage habits, for safety I added 2 g to my plan last month, now this month I am all ready getting warnings and I have 20 days left. I am feeling shafted !# . how do I stop the run away data usage?

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Try doing a recovery restore.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get your phone working back up and running the way it used to cherigold. The information you have provided is very helpful.

I understand you have been experiencing these difficulites after installing the most recent software update. Can you back up the content on your phone, then http://vz.to/196Efns. If you are still having difficulites with your phone after you process the hard reset, please feel free to reach out to us for further support.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dan15, our goal is to ensure that you're happy with your new device. Streaming music, videos, or movies from your device will use large amounts of data allowance. Do you have access to WiFi? Connecting to WiFi will save your data allowance. Click http://vz.to/KBmvR7 to access our data calculator to give you a better understanding of how data usage is accumulated based on your usage.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cheriegold

MichelleL_VZW,

Thanks for your reply.  Before I received your message I went by my local store and the girl there did a hard reset.  It seemed to have solved the problem FOR A WHILE.  But over the last 2 weeks my phone has gotten progressively worse.  I was trying to live with it, hoping that Apple would fix their mess, no luck yet!  So now this is what is happening.  Periodically and for no particular reason, my phone just goes blank, turns off.  I cannot turn it back on, no matter what I do.  It usually only lasts a few minutes (5 or less) and then it comes back on.  It has been doing this more and more and today, I just have not been able to use it at all.  When it does come back on I go to my text messages and the screen goes white, stays there, I cannot turn it off or switch to another screen.  It is very frustrating.  I could go on and on because this is not the only issue but it is the ISSUE OF THE DAY.  I know that there is a new version of the iOS 7.0.4 but my phone will not let me connect to the Wi-Fi (another problem).  When I go to settings and click on Wi-Fi the screen freezes and will not do anything, it takes about 2 or 3 minutes and then it will go back to the home screen.  I've been trying to connect to Wi-Fi since last night and it has done this every time.  I CANNOT update the software using my data because I'm at 75% due to the fact that my phone has not been connecting to Wi-Fi most of this month.  So I hooked my phone to my computer hoping to upgrade in iTunes.  It starting doing the upgrade about 1 1/2 hours ago, telling me I still had 3 hours left.  Well about 5 minutes ago I get an error message.  HELP!

Cherie

0 Likes
cheriegold

Ok, so just now I was able to hard reset my phone, don't know why it let me but was excited it did.  It finally allowed me to connect to Wi-Fi, so now I am upgrading to iOS 7.0.4.  I will let you know if this does not solve my problems.  Thanks

0 Likes