Restoring my iPhone 4s that was stolen while I am out of town without wi-fi...?
mkcrosby
Enthusiast - Level 1

My iPhone 4s was stolen last Friday morning. I have recovered it, but the person who took it restored the phone to factory settings. My most recent backup to iCloud was Thursday night, so I hope to get everything back. My problem is that I am not where I have wi-fi today (I'm out of town) so I cannot restore my iPhone from my home wi-fi. If I take my phone to the local Verizon store here, can they restore it from my iCloud account? I'm very anxious to start using my phone again!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Restoring my iPhone 4s that was stolen while I am out of town without wi-fi...?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You might be able to have it done at a VZW store, but another option to consider is going somewhere that offers free wifi access. You can change your passwords afterwards if you like (I would suggest doing so if you use internet access anywhere other than your home secure network). Contact a local VZW store in advance to find out if they would be able to help you out. You can find free wifi spots in various public places...some examples would be McDonald's, Chick-Fil-A, Barnes and Noble bookstores, Sam's Club, etc.

Re: Restoring my iPhone 4s that was stolen while I am out of town without wi-fi...?
mkcrosby
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much! I found a hot spot and was able to restore the phone. EVERYTHING was restored perfectly, and I am back in business! Having registered my Apple products with iCloud has been a life-saver. Thanks again for the good advice.

0 Likes