Retrieve IP address from emailed text message
beachybabe

A few days ago I received a strange emailed text message from a particular email address. I believe the message to be spam. I can see the email address as you normally would see your contact's name or a phone number as the sender of the message. My detailed billing displays this as 0000000000 rather than from a phone number. From this I have deduced that the message was sent via email over the web.

Is there any way in the iphone4s to retrieve the IP address from the message header of the message? I know when I use email interfaces I can turn on detailed headers and see the origination IP as well as the mail client server IP (gmail, msn, yahoo, etc.). I do not see a setting to turn on message headers in the 4s. Is there a way to do that, or is there another way to extract this data from the message itself?

If I call Verizon will they give me the IP address this message originated from, or just tell me to block webmail messages altogether? The latter does not help me in any way whatsoever. I want the IP. I have been receiving odd postal mail as well and am starting to get quite annoyed.

Thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Likes