Ringtones not showing up on iTunes
jestkdn

Ok, so no matter what I do, I can not get "Ringtones" to show up iTunes. Has anyone else had this problem? And if so, how did you fix it? I have attached a screen cap.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ringtones not showing up on iTunes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

The ringtones option will appear once you actually have a properly converted or a purchased ringtone from iTunes.

0 Likes
jestkdn

I have tried creating them using different programs on my phone, but with no luck. What program do you recommend to make ringtones? Thanks

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I personally don't use any of the apps to make my ringtones. I do mine solely by using iTunes and convert them to the proper m4r extension manually by changing the extension in Windows. Not sure if you are using a Windows computer or a MAC but either way if you do an internet search or search this forum you will find the instructions on how to do it for either operating system (I have also posted the steps a few times but I have no idea how far back those threads are buried at this point). One link I pulled up immediately is below.

http://www.tuneclone.com/how-to-make-free-iphone-ringtones-with-itunes9.php

As far as the ringtone apps you may have used...if you created the tones on the iPhone directly those tones will need to be synced to your computer so that they will be placed in the Ringtones folder (that will be created once an actual ringtone exists on your computer and in iTunes). If you have not synced your phone since making any of the ringtones then you need to do so. After the sync they should show in iTunes on the computer. Then you can drag (or autosync if that is what you do) back to the iPhone. They will then show in the Sounds setting so you can assign it as the main ringtone or you can assign it to individual contacts by editing your contacts and changing the default tone to whichever one you want for that contact.

0 Likes