SIM card failure
crawfordad

My phone keeps saying SIM card failure or NO SIM card.  Every time it says this I am unable to do anything on my phone unless I am hooked to WIFI.  This is getting frustrated and the sotre manager says he can't help me. Is there anything I can do to fix this or do I just have a lemon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SIM card failure
21stNow
Master - Level 1

If you are near an Apple store, make an appointment with the Genius Bar to have them look at your phone.

0 Likes
Re: SIM card failure
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi crawfordad,

I'm sorry for the trouble with your iPhone 4S not reading the SIM card on your device. I want you to be able to use your data, without having to rely on Wifi service. Please power the phone off, remove the SIM, then power back on without the SIM card and tell me if you can access our network.

The SIM card in an iPhone 4S is only for global use, so if you are not planning on leaving the US, the phone will not be changed if the SIM card is removed. However, if you do plan on using the phone outside the US, please remove and re-attach the SIM (if you have not done so already) and complete a reset of the iPhone http://bit.ly/HkgdbZ . Once this is done, re-insert the SIM card and let me know the results. Thanks and have a good day!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes