Screen replacement cost at Verizon store.
dearcourry

I shattered the front screen on my white iPhone 4s (16gb), does anyone know how much Verizon would charge me if I took it to their store to replace my screen?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Screen replacement cost at Verizon store.
Not applicable

Let's try this one more time.

Verizon Wireless does not repair phones, iphones or any make of phone. If the screen is broken there is no warranty. The warranty does not cover breakage.

If you purchased the supplemental Asurion insurance, you make a claim at http://www.phoneclaim.com/Verizon

There will be a deductible that has to be paid of $169 for the iPhone.

Or as you don't seem to understand, go to any Apple store and you pay them $100 for a screen repair and save money and get your same device back instead of a refurbished device.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

So sorry to hear about your iPhone screen dearcoury. I know it hard to use your device with that type of damage. Verizon Wireless does not replace parts on a phone. You can take it to the Apple store to ask if they are able to replace the screen. We will recommend replacing the entire device through insurance if you have it on your account. You can check your features online via My-Verizon.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
GeneGJr66
Enthusiast - Level 2

why do we have to go to the Apple Store to get our cracked  screen replaced my screen on my I Phone 4 S isnt cracked but if that ever happens why cant we come to the Verizon Wireless store to get it replaced why do we have to go to the Apple store to get our cracked screen replaced

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Because Verizon doesn't do repairs. Verizon only handles what manufacturers allow them to by agreement.

Apple does things their way and want you to go to them.

0 Likes
GeneGJr66
Enthusiast - Level 2

but our SERVICE IS THROUGH VERIZON WHY SHOULDNT VERIZON MAKE REPAIRS ITS LIKE WHEN YOU PURCHASE A CAR/TRUCK THE PLACE WERE YOU BOUGHT IT FROM ALLOWS YOU TO BRING IT BACK FOR MAINTENANCE SO WHY ISNT TRUE FOR OUR CELL PHONES WE PURCHASE FROM VERIZON THAT MAKES NO SENSE THAT WE CAN GET REGULAR MAINTENANCE ON OUR I PHONES THROUGH THE PLACE OF PURCHASE THEY TELL US TO GO TO APPLE WERE SOME OF US I PHONE USERS DIDNT PURXHASE IT FROM APPLE SOME OF US PURCHASE IT FROM THE CELLULAR CARRIER

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It's Apples product.  That's how they dictate things.  Go to Europe it's the same thing.  Japan same thing.

If you buy something from BestBuy let's say the same phone... You'll get the same thing.

Xbox 360 from GameStop... Same thing...

Not applicable

Cellular carriers provide connections to their networks.

They no longer fix broken phones.

They are a retailer of many devices and accessories. Much like Walmart or Best Buy who don't replace broken devices screens.

They send you to the maker of the product after 15 days.

Apple makes the device so if you don't have supplement insurance which replaces the whole phone with a second hand phone, going to Apple Store is much cheaper and your screen will be replaced for $100 versus paying $169 for the Asurian Supplemental insurance deductible.

And it is not like your car analogy. If I buy a ford I go to a ford dealer under warranty. The phones are not made by Verizon Wireless. The name on the phones say Verizon Wireless since the makers brand them to individual cellular companies.

Good Luck

0 Likes
GeneGJr66
Enthusiast - Level 2

no WE need to get our phone repaired were we purchased I know my I Phone 4 S is manufactured by Apple but I purchased it at an Apple retail store so Apple will repair it if you purchase it at a Verizon store the Verizon should repair it if it needs it no matter how old it is well I take that back if its more than a yr old no cellular carrier will repair it thanks

0 Likes
Not applicable

Let's try this one more time.

Verizon Wireless does not repair phones, iphones or any make of phone. If the screen is broken there is no warranty. The warranty does not cover breakage.

If you purchased the supplemental Asurion insurance, you make a claim at http://www.phoneclaim.com/Verizon

There will be a deductible that has to be paid of $169 for the iPhone.

Or as you don't seem to understand, go to any Apple store and you pay them $100 for a screen repair and save money and get your same device back instead of a refurbished device.

Good Luck