Second phone on account has duplicate info on it
Margedlans

I am the primary account holder on our wireless account. I just upgraded another family member to iphone 4s from an LG. When we received her phone, the info (including serial number, data, contacts, etc) from my iphone 4s were duplicated on hers instead of putting her new phone's info on it. When I attempted to correct the information in her settings, I was unable to do so. Anyone else experience this? I have called Verizon, but got tired of waiting on the line. I know I'll probably  have to just bite the bullet and sit with the phone in my hand and wait for however long it takes to get someone on the line, but if anyone else has experienced this and found another way to solve the problem, let me know?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Second phone on account has duplicate info on it
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you use the same Apple ID when activating the phone through iTunes?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Second phone on account has duplicate info on it
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Margedlans!

Congratulations on the new phone! We definitely don't want to be seeing doubles. Ann is most likely headed in the right direction (thanks Ann!).

If you used the same Apple ID when activating the phone it will transfer that information over via iTunes as well. I recommend using a new Apple ID!

Let me know how this goes.

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes