Sent my I phone 4s in to be covered under warranty and am being charged for damage
sassy161

My I phone stopped shutting down and then the media volume worked when it wanted.  I spoke with two reps and they both said to send it in under warranty so I did.  I just received an email stating they were charging me $199.00 for the phone because I damaged it.  They sent pictures but they didnt come thru so I have not seen the damage.  They say there is corrosion in the port.  It is not water damage they said.  This is BS because number one my phone has never seen anything moist not even the bathroom because I know this can cause water damage!  I live in Florida near the water and everything gets corroded.  Number two neither of my chargers have any corrosion on them!  Not even a little!  Number three I have had insurance on all my phones for over 12 years!  I have paid for this phone 10 times over!  I have never made a claim and I have paid on time plus I have had my whole family switch to verizon (cell phones, cable, home phone and internet.)  I have gotton them so much business talking so great about them and then they screw me like this!  I was treated like dirt when I called customer service.  They would not transfer my husband to a manager untill I finally got on the phone 2 hours later yelling!  I was told that the cable, home phone and internet are a completely differant company with the same name because I am ready to shut everything verizon down and have my family do the same!  I have given this company so much money.  Every year and a half my husband and I buy the newest phone out and upgrade plus I have fios, 3 lines of unlimited calling and have paid on time for over 12 years.  In this economy customers like me are hard to come by I own 2 businesses and know this first hand!  I have searched this problem on google and it seems they are pulling this "Corrosion " crap on alot of people.  It is no longer about the charge it is about the principle!  Verizon used to be a great company but it seems now that they have become the largest it is all about the money they do not care about the clients or the customer service.  This is so sad because I have been so happy with them for years but I Will not be treated this way!  I am looking for a new provider for my entire family!!!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Sent my I phone 4s in to be covered under warranty and am being charged for damage
Jenny-Q
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure what Verizon's deal is, but make sure you don't get Time Warner for your home - they truly suck! We have "the bundle", but I'm seriously thinking of going to Verizon Fios. My bill for the phone service (landline). the net and the cable is now over $200! They are such nickel and dimers. The latest is charging rent for the modem unless I buy my own.

Sorry to rant - sure hope you get this resolved. I am sick of all these damn wireless companies. I recently got two iPhones - another cluster. Hang in there! And best of luck!

Also, a Square Trade warranty is great - they really come through when you need them!

0 Likes
Re: Sent my I phone 4s in to be covered under warranty and am being charged for damage
sassy161

They are really going down on customer service and are just getting way to money hungry as the rest of the huge companies are!  I understand making money but don"t screw your customers while you are doing it!  I cant believe the manager told me the land and cellular are two different companies!  That really makes me angry!  Like I am an idiot!  I have family that works for verizon actually one of the head of the fios dept!  He laughed when I told him that and said they are the same exact company but one side cant do anything about the other!  They just say what ever they have to and dont care about us the clients!!! 

0 Likes