Siri NOW on Iphone 4 not just 4S
Desync

Siri was just ported over to the Iphone 4, Siri does not require an A5 processorto work. That being said, it will work on any of the A4 devices that you already own prior to buying the iPhone 4S.

We have not released it to the public yet, but it will be available soon for those of you that know where to find it at.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Siri NOW on Iphone 4 not just 4S
dbbrass
Contributor - Level 3

This had to done using a j-<that which cannot named on this forum>-n iPhone (with a hacked Siri app, I believed).  Regardless of the reasons, I doubt Apple will ever officially release Siri back to the iPhone 4.  You might be better off anyway, if the app performs poorly on the iPhone 4, I wouldn't want it!

0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

dbbrass wrote:

This had to done using a j-<that which cannot named on this forum>-n iPhone (with a hacked Siri app, I believed).  Regardless of the reasons, I doubt Apple will ever officially release Siri back to the iPhone 4.  You might be better off anyway, if the app performs poorly on the iPhone 4, I wouldn't want it!

dbbrass, I agree entirely with your post, to use Siri on a "non-S" iPhone 4 would require you to "j-<that which cannot be named on this forum>-k" your iPhone, and doing so is not only unsupported by Apple or Verizon, but will also void the warranty of the iDevice and could result in bugs or damage to the iPhone
That said, I don't think that the OP was promoting j<that which cannot me named on this forum>king or anything of the sort, but instead, debunking the myth that the "non-S" iPhone 4 hardware (the A4 mobile-CPU in this case) is physically unable to support Siri, as Siri is really nothing more than voice recognition combined with AI (in order to listen and answer questions), which the "non-S" iPhone 4 is more than capable of
Many electronics companies, in order to get people to buy their new device, will put sensors in the software updates that detects the generation of the hardware in order to limit (or prevent) certain features (or even the software itself), to get their customers to want to upgrade to their new device to get that particular feature
0 Likes
Desync

of course I wasn't not promoting that. Even tho no damage will come of it and its easily reversed. Siri has been ported over without doing the above mentioned method. It will now connect to the servers and recognize your voice and respond. Just every detail is currently being worked out to ensure that it is flawless when released for the iphone 4.

Also, a few rumors have been going around about possible release from Apple for the iPhone 4 after all the 4s hype has settled down.

0 Likes
bob2
Enthusiast - Level 3
After the iOS 5 upgrade and no Siri. It will be my last iPhone and back to android. There was so much hype for the iPhone but now having both android and the iPhone, iphone is a complete loser in my opinion
0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

bob2 wrote:
After the iOS 5 upgrade and no Siri. It will be my last iPhone and back to android. There was so much hype for the iPhone but now having both android and the iPhone, iphone is a complete loser in my opinion

Well technically you are on an older iPhone 4...Siri was originally intended for the 4s...it's possible perhaps that it will be released for the iPhone 4 directly through Apple (the only method I would be interested in obtaining it). Personally, as interesting as it may seem I'm not too concerned about Siri. It uses data and although I have unlimited data many people are on their tiered data plans. It will be interesting to see how much data is used for those that heavily use the system.

0 Likes