Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Siri - won't make calls, texts
donk713

I have trouble with Siri lately - when I ask her to "call john" or "text john" she responds " I am not permitted to do that for you". Don't know where this came from or what to do about it. She will still look up things - gas stations, stores, web info, but call and texts are a no go. Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Thank you! dk

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Siri - won't make calls, texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Great question!
If you have update to the NEW iOS6 and the FaceTime feature is switched "OFF" Siri will NOT make external calls and will say " I'm not permitted to do that" So all you have to do is switch the FaceTime feature "ON" and leave it like that for you to be able to give a voice command to it perform the task of making calls.

GoTo: Settings > General > Restrictions > Flip FaceTime to “ON/OFF

I'm sure this will help!

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Re: Siri - won't make calls, texts
donk713

Sometimes the last thing we look for is what is right in front of us. Thank you for your assistance with this - problem solved. dk

Cheers!

<< Signature removed to comply with https://community.verizonwireless.com/docs/DOC-1011 >>

<< Please remove signature containing personal information from post when responding via email >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes