Sound problems with iOS6 upgrade
JenniLeigh87

Recently, I have found myself without normal sound when the sound feature of the phone is turned on.

Sound I have: Call tone, sounds for setting up call ringtone.

Sounds I don't have: Music through speakers, video sound, text tone, keyboard tone, text tone when setting up message alert, connection sound for power supply.

These all work if I hook my phone up to AUX. The unmute is on, media volume is all the way up, and when I press the up botton on the side of the phone, it recognizes "ringtone" it just won't add the dashes to show my phone is getting turned up.

This is a VERY big pain being it's as if my phone is on silent at all times. Can anyone assist me with this? Have the same problem? Know how to fix?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sound problems with iOS6 upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey JenniLeigh87! This must be frustrating! We come across this issue a few times a week, and it's usually the same thing. There's a switch on the left part of your phone which toggles everything to silent. Can you try flipping it the other way? Also, if that doesn't work, try pressing and hold both the power key and the home key at the same time together for ~10 seconds.

Let us know if that helps!

Regards,

MikeS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JenniLeigh87

Thank you for your respond, but I'm aware of the toggle key and what it

does. I've had my phone for a long time now, and this is a system issue

versus something that a toggle on the side would fix. I've tried all of the

trouble shoots.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 17, 2012, at 5:05 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're welcome jenniLeigh87!  Thank you for completing the suggested troubleshooting steps.  Please backup and restore the device via iTunes by following the visuals here http://bit.ly/VkGMWk .  If you are still unsuccessful please DM me your name and mobile number.  Thank you! 

Tominque B.
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
brooks2013

I am having the same issue. since upgrade to 6.01 my video, ringtones, calls you can only hear sounds with earbuds. I have tried all troubleshooting tips available including backing up and restoring to original settings. I never used earbuds before so tried it because of a tip online and found out with them I can hear.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello brooks2013. Have you attempted to do a reset and restore via iTunes? Generally this will resolve your issue. Please backup and restore the device via iTunes by following the self guided steps here http://bit.ly/VkGMWk. If you are still having issues after completing this step, please DM us with your contact information.

Thank you
MatthewS_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
brooks2013

I had already reset it as well. I took it to Verizon and they have ordered me another one. thanks

0 Likes
mstaley23

I have had this same problem.  The only way I have sound is if I plug in headphones.  It's very frustrating as I'm missing important calls and messages.  I have completed the reset and restore this evening and the sounds are still not working.  What are the next steps I should take?

Thanks

0 Likes
mandycrone

I had the same thing happen to my iPhone 4s after ios6 upgrade!!!!!! This isnt right that we have to deal with these issues from Apple!!! With all the money that Apple pulls in you would think they would be able to come up with the right kind of software updates!!!! And if they cant dont come up with a new update (That we have to download or our apps,etc wont work right) that isnt going to work on ALL THE iPHONES!!!!! Not just the iPhone 5!!!!!!!!!!!! I hade to take mine to Verizon and they tried everything they new to try and it didnt fix it so they ordered me another one and I got a ST@#ID REFURBISHED 64g iPHONE!!!!!! When I bought mine brand new FULL RETAIL!!!!!! I just got it today and I guess it's messed up TOO!!!!! Because I can hear kind of a low static sound coming from the ear speaker when I put it up to my ear!!!!!!!!!!! I swear when I'm up for my upgrade I will NEVER GET ANOTHER APPLE PRODUCT AS LONG AS I LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
samohsnap

Hey, I just ran into this problem, it started happening yesterday night but my sound was working perfectly fine during the day. so right now i have no sounds from my ringtone, music, or siri. can you please tell me what i can do?

0 Likes