Re: Sound problems with iOS6 upgrade
Tsdubya

Hi -- I have the SAME ISSUE and tried troubleshooting using multiple things on my iPhone 4s. I searched online and saw that multiple people are having this issue (via the Apple message board). I really think that Verizon/Apple should just replace my phone with a new one - including resetting it again (which caused even MORE issues). This is the second time that an update has caused me an issue with an Apple device.

I have gone to great lengths to keep my phone in pristine condition (and it's been inside of a case since day one -- I even still have the film over the front) and I'm so disappointed that this update has caused me so many issues: missed calls, my alarm also doesn't ring (so I've overslept) --  missed messages and more.

Please tell me what I need to do to get this replaced with another one. I shouldn't have to pay for this -- and that's what my monthly insurance is for.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

samohsnap, let's pump up the volume. I'm here to help. Make sure that the sounds switch option located on the right side of your phone is enabled on. Additionally, you will also need to press the button to increase the sounds on your device, as well. Click http://vz.to/HJhiKA for more support for your iPhone device.

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
ssmith8292

As of last evening, 4/3/13, when I was in the middle of a call,with the speaker phone on, the same issue happened to my phone, a 4s,16gb, ver 6.1.3, All of a sudden, no sound. I thought the call was dropped but it was not.If I turn of the speakers, and hold it to my ear, I can have a conversation but no other sounds are audible.I did do a hard start and a restore with no success in fixing the problem. Now what?

0 Likes
shtew

The exact same thing happened to me last night...while in the middle of a call using in speaker phone mode, the audio just quit...but it does work via the headphones.

Have searched the interweb and it seems to be a very common issue.

Have tried numerous 'fixes" but to no avail...it has come back here & there for a few moments, or is distorted, then dies again.

And...of course the device is a couple of months ut of warranty.

Going to be calling [on my land line BECAUSE THE iPHONE IS HOSED] tomorrow to Verizon and/or Apple & see what's up.

In or out of warranty, this is a known issue and should be taken care of no charge...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi shtew,

Your efforts are greatly appreciated and I am here to help! Which iPhone do you have? Has your phone been exposed to any physical or water damage? Did the issue begin immediately after the update? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
shtew

Hi,

Thanx for the reply.

iPhone 4S...barely 3 months past warranty.

No, I didn't purchase an extended warranty.

No water damage, or any other damage, such as dropped, excessive heat, etc.

I'm not exactly sure that it happened right after the update or not...I really didn't pay much attention.

I was in the middle of a call last Saturday night and the audio just died...I'd thought that the call just got dropped originally...then called back my party, when I noticed no sound from the keypad, or speakers.

Had to call my party back on my land line.

This started me off on the Interweb searching for a resolve...

Then I discovered thousands of others with similar issues.

I've tried every "Fix" that I've found...Restarting, Restoring,blow out & clean the headphone jack,squeezing between the Home button & speaker...all to no avail.

I talked to someone at Verizon yesterday, who basically told me "too bad...I'm sorry for your troubles...would you like to buy another phone...?..."

Who then connected me with an Apple rep...who basically told me "...we can sell you another phone, for $199, which will have a 90 day warranty..."

Hmmm...$199 to buy a phone that I originally paid $150 for...gee...what a deal...:-(

Now what it's been doing...the speakers will work for a few moments, then die again...wait a little bit, the return, but then die again...rinse & repeat...etc.

I've been an Apple user since 1998, and have never had one problem with an Apple product...guess I've just been lucky...

And I've been with Verizon for quite some time as well.

I've spent thousands of dollars between the two companies.

I'm VERY disappointed with Verizon & Apple about this...as the item is barely out of warranty...someone could easily approve an exchange or repair...they just don't care about my years of faithful service both with Verizon & Apple at all it seems...:-(

Best Regards,

S.S.

0 Likes