Re: Speech to Text on iPhone? Built in or any APP available?
NickR27

Yes, I used "Vlingo" on my Blackberry, 2 phones ago ~ HA!

It is cool, clunky compared to the DROID built in feature, but effective.

0 Likes
JMart

Apple has a built in text-to-speech program with many features.  Located in SETTINGS>GENERAL>ACCESSIBILITY.  You can activate VoiceOver from here; however, the navigation can prove to be a bit sticky (this application is designed for the seeing-impaired user). 

Personally, I like to enable VoiceOver by setting the "Triple-click Home" to default to VoiceOver found in ACCESSIBILITY.  Plain English, when you are in (or out) of any App, this will activate VoiceOver. This is very handy App for reading email, .pdf's, or eBooks.

There are many finger gestures available for this powerful built-in App, so you may  want to search YouTube or www.apple.com for VoiceOver tutorials.

The only drawback to VoiceOver is there is one 'voice', but it works.

For the other threads, Android and iPhone both rock!  In the words of his awesomeness, "Don't be jealous of my boogie!"  Good night ya'll!

0 Likes
C_DM
As far as going speech-to-text Dragon Dictation does a fairly decent job, and actually has quick shortcuts to then automatically add the text to a text, email, etc. It's not perfect and does require some interaction with the phone, but it does the job for the most part (and it's free).
0 Likes