Still no WiFi on iPhone 4s after OS7 upgrade - Need upgrade
djhinva
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Verizon, Apple et al,

You've got us between a rock and a hard place. My daughter's recently upgraded iPhone 4s has no Wifi. With four phones on Verizon and as long-time customers, we've been very good and loyal. But this situation is untenable. With a year-old phone my daughter upgraded her device to OS7 when it become available (and was prompted to). Since then (beginning of September, within her year warranty period) her phone has been unable to connect to Wifi. The Wifi is greyed out. We are a long-time Apple family and when I say, I've done everything...it means, I've tried everything with this phone to get it working again. She was away at college and unable to get into an Apple store before her year warranty expired, so she was unable to get a replacement. We kept waiting for Apple to provide a fix. To issue a statement. To own up to the mess they've caused. Nothing.. Really? Oh Apple, how far you've fallen. Steve Jobs on his fluffy  iCloud is definitely turning over and frowning.

Verizon, we need an upgraded devise. Her phone quit functioning within the year period (you can see this by the alarming amount of data she's using), but she couldn't travel to Apple or Verizon to get it replaced within that time period. Can you take care of this please? We'll have to go elsewhere for her, and once one has left the fold, the rest will follow.

Thank you,

Long-time customer

DJhinVA

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Still no WiFi on iPhone 4s after OS7 upgrade - Need upgrade
Not applicable

Your iPhone is not Verizon's product. It is Apples product.

Apple makes, sells and updates their devices. Not any carrier intervention what so ever. Not a Verizon issue at all.

http://www.apple.com/support

Look up your issues there. They may have a posted knowledge base article to help you.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Jetmanjoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with you. So many of us 4s users have been affected by this. I am at the two year mark myself so no warranty replacement for me unfortunately. I tried all apples suggested fixes and nothing works. Putting it in the fridge can get me going for a few minutes and I am able to update some of my larger apps this way, but in general my data usage has certainly increased and I have to really monitor it closely now. I believe it is Apples problem to deal with and remedy this issue warranty or not, it is obvious that it is the iOS 7 upgrade that has screwed the 4s users. Whether intentional or not it appears to be a conspiracy theory to get us to upgrade to the iPhone 5 which is really sad. I like the apple line and there is just no coincidence that so many 4s users were and are being affected by this plague of losing wifi capability so soon after this so called "fantastic" upgrade was announced and encouraged to be implemented. If I knew then what I know now I would have never upgraded! This just shows me two things, apple didn't not fully test this upgrade thoroughly enough, or that it shows the 4s was created with sub standard components which were over tasked and burned out with the iOS 7 update or soon thereafter. Apples only option for me was to pay them $199 to have my phone replaced! I would sooner spend $199 towards a new iPhone 5s before getting a replacement 4s that is sure to fail due to these existing issues. OR, has Apple pushed out the iOS 7.03 and 7.04 updates to rectify the problem and prevent more 4s phones from burning up their chips!? If so that is great however it leaves those of us that have already been affected holding the bag of goods and have been seriously harmed in the process. Apple needs to stand up and do the honorable thing to rectify the situation such in a manner that is similar with recalls on automobiles. For my phone I believe the damage is done and the updates have physically irreversibly damaged my phone. This is your one chance Apple, to make this right. Should you choose not to do so reflects a disgrace not only for your company as a whole but also for your employees from top to bottom as this in turn will hurt your future sales and profits like you have never seen. You have taken pride in producing quality products in the past. You were the leader that other OS followed. Now it appears you are following other OS's and your fan base is dropping like a rock. Not providing a viable solution to this problem will only hurt your reputation and status further. You have a choice to do what is right, and I seriously hope you will take it. I personally have more than 6 different iDevices in my own and will elect to buy non Apple products in the future along with encouraging other friends and family members to follow suit based on my own recent experience with your 4s / Debacle. Word of mouth goes a long way and can certainly turn out to be your worst enemy! Here is your chance Apple to do what is right, please make this right. Others reading this far, see the "White House Petition" that you can sign regarding this issue. Search the forums for link.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there djhinva,

I'm sorry to hear about your daughters issue with her iPhone 4s and connecting to WiFi. Let us work our muscles so we can get you guys out from under that rock.

I know that you say you have tried everything, but I want to make sure we cover all of our basis. Visit http://bit.ly/18YXhx for steps to resolve this issue.

If those don't work this could be accessory related. Does your daughter have any cases or screen protectors on the device? They could be interfering with the WiFi antenna. Have her remove any accessories and have her test the WiFi again.

I know you said you are outside of the 1 year warranty. Did you purchase additional insurance on the device? If you did you may still be under warranty through us as long as there is no physical or water damage.

Please provide additional details so I can better assist.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Peachew

>>Duplicate post removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.  See <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Jetmanjoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

For all those 4s users out there that have been affected by the recent iOS 7 upgrades Here is the link to sign the petition. Make your voices heard. There are many thousands of us that have been affected and since Apple is blowing this off for now, we really need to get their attention especially those of us that have so many apple products in our homes. Word of mouth goes a long way and I would rather Apple fix the problem than for me to leave apple behind and go to a different OS but I will if that is what it takes. Here is the link to the petition: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/apple-should-replace-all-broken-iphone4s-free-due-update-i...

Wake up apple! Your stocks are going to plum-it if you dont fix this problem and take care of your people and followers!

doridoo74
Enthusiast - Level 1

I signed the petition.. However that is not the answer I want to hear from Verizon or Apple to get a new phone..

0 Likes
Doridoo29
Enthusiast - Level 3

There response is to make sure nothing is blocking the wifi antenna? Really??? I don't know about yours but mine is GRAY I cant even turn it on let alone off! This is crazy they don't know what they are doing and no one wants to help

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Doridoo74
I would be happy to address this issue. Have you tried a Network reset? Does the device connect to public wifi?

I look forward to working with you on this issue.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
keljmt

This is crap. We were told by customer support that because we backed up the phone after the OS 7 upgrade, there is nothing they can do and we have to buy a new phone.  And here's a shocker, we are still 6 months from upgrade.

I have never seen a company totally disregard an issue that has caused their product to fail on such a huge scale.

Unbelievable.  Apple, I thought you were better than this.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Your iPhone is not Verizon's product. It is Apples product.

Apple makes, sells and updates their devices. Not any carrier intervention what so ever. Not a Verizon issue at all.

http://www.apple.com/support

Look up your issues there. They may have a posted knowledge base article to help you.

Good Luck

0 Likes