Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stolen Iphone4!! What are the steps? Need advice please!
Zeryl

My Iphone4 was stolen from me on Friday and I'm not sure if I will ever get it back.  Chalking this up as a loss, I'm just trying to see what steps I should take from here on out?  I have "Find my Iphone" installed on my laptop and since the phone isn't turned on it keeps showing up as not found.  I tracked activity on Verizon and I don't see any incoming or outgoing calls, etc, which would make sense.  My phone is password locked.  I have only two months left on my contract before upgrading...and I was thinking of getting a new phone anyway, but in the mean time if I can get an old Iphone from someone else...will I be able to sync it to my computer and copy "my" data onto it?  Will Verizon give me an early upgrade where I can get a new phone for a discount?  I don't want to have to pay full price for a new phone.  And also should I suspend my Verizon service anyway and swipe all the info on my old phone until I can obtain a new phone?  Just a little flustered at the moment since that was my only phone and I have no other means of getting in contact with anybody.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Stolen Iphone4!! What are the steps? Need advice please!
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Bummer!  If it were me, I'd remotely wipe the phone if possible, report it being stolen to the local Police (for insurance purposes), and suspend the line via my on-line MyVerizon account until I could obtain a replacement phone.

0 Likes
Re: Stolen Iphone4!! What are the steps? Need advice please!
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Zeryl wrote:

My Iphone4 was stolen from me on Friday and I'm not sure if I will ever get it back.  Chalking this up as a loss, I'm just trying to see what steps I should take from here on out?  I have "Find my Iphone" installed on my laptop and since the phone isn't turned on it keeps showing up as not found.  I tracked activity on Verizon and I don't see any incoming or outgoing calls, etc, which would make sense.  My phone is password locked.  I have only two months left on my contract before upgrading...and I was thinking of getting a new phone anyway, but in the mean time if I can get an old Iphone from someone else...will I be able to sync it to my computer and copy "my" data onto it? As long as you have already stored a backup of your phone on your computer or in the "Cloud".

Will Verizon give me an early upgrade where I can get a new phone for a discount?  Possibly, but definitely not for an iPhone. Apple restricts early upgrades for their products.

I don't want to have to pay full price for a new phone.  And also should I suspend my Verizon service anyway and swipe all the info on my old phone until I can obtain a new phone?  Just a little flustered at the moment since that was my only phone and I have no other means of getting in contact with anybody.

0 Likes