Stolen iPhone 4s
kowen98

Hello:

Had my iPhone 4Gs stolen last night, and I am researching if buying a used 3Gs from eBay or Amazon would be a viable option to hold me over until the new iPhone 5 comes out.  Been reading up on things like "unlocked" and "sim cards", and I am unclear on what I should look for when shopping for a used phone. Can I bring in a used phone to Verizon and have them re-activate it for me? Do I need to buy a phone with a SIM card? Does Verizon technology use SIM cards? Do they supply them, etc...?

Any feedback appreciated.

Regards,

Ken

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Stolen iPhone 4s
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

An iPhone 3GS won't work on the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kowen98
Well, that sure wasn't the answer I wanted to hear, but I do appreciate the lightning quick response! If only  the Oakland Police had responded that fast, I might still have my phone!  Thanks again,  Ken
0 Likes
JeffL3603
Enthusiast - Level 3

Be very leery of any phones sold on EBAY.  That is primary way phone thiefs dump stolen phones and get money.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

if you go the ebay route, you will need to find one that is a "verizon iphone 4" and has a "clean esn." if these items are in the description AND it is from a highly rated seller with a long history on ebay, then you should be OK.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=verizon+iphone+4&_sacat=0

this was what i found.

0 Likes
kowen98

Thank you very much for the info you've provided.

Much appreciated!

Ken

0 Likes