Re: Surf and Talk on iphone 4s
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Moral of the story people can assume at times just because there the same brand type or same name there the same. Like the atat bb torch and vzw torch 1 same name but 1 no slide out kb all touch and atat had slude out in 3 different colors. Each company i guess picks there own style they want or technology.
0 Likes
MostlyALurker
Enthusiast - Level 3

TheGert wrote:

I dont understand why Verizion would tell me I can.  I have the transcript!!  Did they out and out lie?

Most likely the rep was simply incompetent.

0 Likes
cj2000

The iPhone 4s for Verizon, ATT and Sprint are the exact same phone....that is the other cool thing about it...Apple has now created one phone for ALL networks.  It is The Verizon network were the issue lies....the phone it self is quite capable of it....same hardware. 

Extra note:  iPhone 4s is the only phone in the world to have both GPS AND Glonass recievers (Gonass is Russia's navigation satellites----when your are that far north...GPS is not as accurate, so the phone will use Glonass instead if its more accurate).  Thus making the 4s the only TRUE 'Global phone'!

0 Likes
Greenstuffs

actually the Miui Xiaomi phone has also GPS/Glonas

0 Likes
pappy53
Enthusiast - Level 3
I think that you are mistaken. Thunderbolt cannot do this over Verizon's 3G. You would have to be on wi-fi.
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

The Thunderbolt can in fact do it over 3G due to the way the radios are set up.  The main chip is dedicated to voice and 1x data while the other controls 3G/LTE.  The new HTC Rezound may also be capable of it as it uses the same qualcomm modem.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I can't verify this. However, when you look at the Verizon shopping page for Pantech Breakout, one of the key features lists "Simultaneous Voice and Data" just like the Thunderbolt does. None of the other 4G LTE phones list that features as a key feature. It makes me wonder if the Pantech Breakout has a similar radio setup as the Thunderbolt. On the other hand, it could be because the Breakout is mid-level 4G LTE phone and has less features than other phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes