Switched from US Cellular to Verizon - not receiving texts
emily_brook

Last Friday my husband and I cancelled our cell plan with US Cellular and had our numbers ported to new Verizon plans.  I was very happy with service at the store and was told that it might take as much as 3hrs for the numbers to port to the new phones... 6hrs later we still weren't receiving calls so I called tech support (the lady I talked to was very nice) - they said they manually ported the numbers and we were all set - next morning we  we still weren't receiving calls or texts.  Two more hours on the phone with tech support and we were receiving calls, later realized we weren't receiving texts. During a final call with tech support today, we figured out that our phones just won't receive texts US Cellular  (80% of the people I communicate with) - they made it sound like they had never seen anything like this and insinuated that it might be US Cellulars problem... but from the looks of these discussion boards, this is not the first time this type of thing has happened. 

I've been so patient with Verizon on this, the tech support (until today) has been fantastic, and the coverage is better than US Cellular... but it's getting old.  I thought my phone was in perfect working order after talking with tech support Friday night, and I was waiting for a call all night from my Mom who was at the hospital with my Dad... thinking I hadn't heard from her because there was bad news.  She'd been calling me and my husband, and sending us texts, but we didn't know until the following afternoon and it sucked! At least we're receiving calls now, and I want to stay with Verizon because they seem great, but I text more than I talk on the phone... if I had to chose between one or the other, texting is far more important of a feature for me. 

(Sorry for the rant, this has just been a terrible weekend to not be able to use my phone)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Switched from US Cellular to Verizon - not receiving texts
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your old US Cellular phones turned off and batteries out of the phones if possible? It sounds like you are already working with tech support to finish the port. You might want to ask them to reset your text message feature from their end. Hopefully you can get this all sorted out.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Switched from US Cellular to Verizon - not receiving texts
emily_brook

Thank you for your response.  I traded my old phone in and my husband phone is off with the batteries removed.  Its so frustrating.  I hope it's resolved soon... my coverage is so much better with Verizon, but I need to be able to receive text messages.

0 Likes