Text Message issues
refai5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I need help with my iphone4, it has done this a few times already and i haven't even had it for 2 weeks. It will notify me of my texts, usually when i will receive 2 messages simultaneously and when i open to check, it will only show one message, the other message that came first disappears. Why is it doing this and how can i fix it?? help me please!!

Labels (1)
Re: Text Message issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Refai5!

Wow that's so strange! I know I wouldn't want my phone to do that to me either. I take messaging very seriously!

I triple checked my resources and I didn't see this as a known issue, which is technically a good thing, but you're still experiencing it!

I would recommend powering your phone completely down and then turning it back on.  I would then dial *228-call and choose option 1.  I would also recommend plugging it into iTunes to complete a backup of your phone and see if there's any new software available for download.

Let me know if this works!

Thanks,
MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
gregl2

I have been having issues today as well.  All my old messages were erased, I am not getting notifications when I get texts, I'm not receiving texts or they are hours late, and I cannot send texts at all.  I updated to iOS 6 this weekend, but this issue just started around 4:00 PM today.

0 Likes
goofyviv

I have done all that you have listed above and recommended. None of this has helped me nor my phone..I am presently in the process of waiting for a new replacement phone. I pray that this will end all of this !

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Gregl2 and Goofyviv,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to follow the above steps, I'm just sorry it didn't resolve your messaging issues!  I know Goofyviv already has a replacement on the way, but did you process a Hard Reset before hand?

If you haven't tried the reset & restore yet, you can follow these steps:
http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=39607

Please keep me up to date as I want all of your messaging to work!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes