Text Tone when iPhone is in dock
kelbell8564

When I have my iPhone docked and I receive a text message, my text "ring" tone does not go off, my phone just vibrates and the screen lights, however, if I receive a phone call, my call ring tone plays.  Is anyone else having this problem?  If I have my phone plugged in to the charger and I get a text, the tone goes off. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text Tone when iPhone is in dock
Tidbits
Legend

kelbell8564 wrote:

When I have my iPhone docked and I receive a text message, my text "ring" tone does not go off, my phone just vibrates and the screen lights, however, if I receive a phone call, my call ring tone plays.  Is anyone else having this problem?  If I have my phone plugged in to the charger and I get a text, the tone goes off. 

Which dock are you using?  If you have a dock that enables Stereo Bluetooth and your iPhone auto pairs with it then you will have the symptons you are saying.  Have you tried plugging in speakers?

0 Likes
kelbell8564
I am using an iHome clock radio/iPhone/iPod dock so it doesn't do Bluetooth and it is self contained so no speakers to plug in. It only happens with incoming text not incoming calls. One of several things I am not loving about the iPhone. I need to be able to hear text alerts vibrating does not wake me when I am sleeping.
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
Yah that's to be expected with stereo Bluetooth. I have to plug in speakers to the dock I use in order to hear the text tone. The call tone always rings in your ear and through
Your phone just in case you don't have the Bluetooth in your ear and the phone is in your pocket.
0 Likes