I've been having a lot of problems with texting since upgrading my iPhone 4 to iOS 6. I don't know if it's a Verizon problem or an Apple problem. I get duplicate texts, one as "text message" and another as "iMessage." Sometimes I get random duplicate texts hours or days after it was originally sent. A friend of mine got the iPhone 5 and within 15 minutes I got a text from her from her phone number, her gmail and me.com, but she was only using her text function, not gmail or me.com
The MOST ALARMING is when I sent a text message, and the receiver received half of an old text from a month ago, combined with half of the new text I just typed. My screen shot looked normal, but the receiver's screen shot showed the combined texts. Let's just say that caused A LOT of problems and brought up a topic that we fought about a month ago!! Not cool Verizon/Apple!!! Somebody please fix it!!!
Oh my! We definitely don't want to dig any thing up. This is absolutely a strange issue! I will be more than happy to provide some suggestions.
Try this for me: Settings > Messages > Receive At > and remove your phone number and email from this location.
Let me know how this goes!
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
I'm having problems too on my iphone 4s with the upgrade. I was working in Vancouver this week and my husband (in US) and I could not text each other. We could only iMessage if I was signed into the hotel's wifi. I could text (not iMessage) with other people just fine, but not him. I work in Canada often and this was never a problem before the update. Going back in 2 weeks and need to have this fixed. Help!
I am having similar issues of parts of old texts combining with parts of new texts. This must be a system issue, as I use a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx. This has been happening randomly for approximately the last two months and happens more often on long texts. It looks fine on my end, but the recipient is left confused and laughing. I did not notice this to be caused by any new apps or updates, though for sure it has been happening since 4.0.4, but I believe it started a good month or so after that. My husband has a Maxx as well and is not having this issue. I have cleared the cache from my Text Messaging app and restarted several times. Please let me know if there is anything else I can try. This is getting very frustrating and causing headaches. Thank you.