Text to speech?
steeltown6611

Any idea if there is an app out there that will read your text out loud? Been searching but no luck. I got dragon dictation and it works well enough to change speech to text but it'd be nice to have it the other way around. Or is this only a pipe dream?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text to speech?
21stNow
Master - Level 1

I know that the feature is available as a paid add-on to Vlingo InCar.  Other than that, I'm not aware of any. 

The Blueant Q2 bluetooth headset will read text messages through the ear piece, but I am unsure if the feature is compatible with the iPhone.  I had the Motorola H17txt, but the text to speech feature was not compatible with my iPhone.

0 Likes
steeltown6611

Thanks for the info. I'll check into them.

0 Likes
workingman
Contributor - Level 1

When you go to settings on your iphone, then to Accessibility, how the Speak Auto Text Work?

0 Likes
steeltown6611
Not quite what I'm looking for but a handy tool. Thanks!
0 Likes
pensfan0782
Contributor - Level 1

Speak It! is in the app store for $1.99.

It doesn't read your text messages out loud for you but it does read text that you paste into it. So if you copy and paste your message in there it will read it. 

It was probably the most useful apps I've purchased being a student. I hate reading so I just have that app read to me, and I can learn a lot more that way.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

workingman wrote:

When you go to settings on your iphone, then to Accessibility, how the Speak Auto Text Work?

That will read everything on the phone's screen to you, including text messages and most other things.  I tried it twice and could not shut it off fast enough.

0 Likes
lilGertrude

It's called VoiceOver, and is one of the reason's why the iphone is loved by people that are blind or have visual impairments. Apple is known for it's accessibility development.

0 Likes
umekun123

Hi, I am developing an iPhone app which reads the web articles to you using acapela text to speech engine.

http://blog.lisgo.org/  

I would like to know what people think and what could be improved. If you are interested and could give me any feedback, please send me an email at {edited for privacy}

I will send you an promo code to download it for free.

0 Likes
dave114

Dragon dictation is great also. 

0 Likes