Texting AT&T iphones with a Verizon one
Christian561

This problem only happens when i text someone that has an atnt iphone. randomly text messages will not be sent nor recieved. ive had this problem before but ever since imessage came out i just forgot about the problem because imessages seamed to be working fine. But sometimes when imessage isnt working and the message has to be sent as a text, the person will not recieve it. I've tried it all, from dialing *228, selecting both options. Soft resets. Even a hard reset, ive also even got a new iphone because of this problem, and it seams like no matter what I try this problem won't be fixed. I'm posting this to see if there is some sort of new solution.

*Friends have sent me pictures of sent text messages that I have never recieved. I have sent messages to people that they have never recieved.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texting AT&T iphones with a Verizon one
Holland76

I'm having the same problem, but also with Sprint users too.

0 Likes
annmarin

My iPhone won't even open the text screen, I am receiving the texts in an instant message, but when I go in to see/reply, it doesn't work. I called Verizon last night and they said the problem will be "fixed" by morning. Well, it isn't fixed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Christian561, issues with text messaging is never fun! I rely on text messaging to stay connected with family and friends and would hate for it not to work properly so I definitely understand your frustration. But don’t worry because I’m here to help!

Are you getting an error message when sending a text message? You need to make sure the iMessage is disabled http://bit.ly/vIDv6j when using the standard text messaging.

Another thing you can do is reset the network settings http://bit.ly/ujajTa.

Post back if you’re still unable to send text messages after the above suggestions.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes